cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

keverev
Adept I

Updated to 20.3.1 drivers and now second screen is not working

I just bought an HDMI to DVI cable to plug in a second old monitor which worked yesterday before I updated the driver. Updated drivers this morning and now it won't even be recognized in Windows or the AMD software. I tried rolling back the drivers and it still did not work. I confirmed that the HDMI ports work with a regular HDMI cable but the converter cable no longer works. I am using a Vega 64 card with the main monitor going through the Display Port. 

Thank you

3 Replies
keverev
Adept I

This problem persists. I have tried safemode DDU and reinstall the latest drivers with no success. Again, nothing changed from day 1 to day 2 except for updating the driver to the latest 20.2.1 and now a setup which worked no longer works. I would appreciate any kind of feedback from support on this as this is an issue caused by AMD drivers. 

0 Likes

Maybe the actual Windows settings got returned to default. Multiple displays in Windows 10 are controlled by the OS not the GPU Driver. Not by any means saying it can't be a driver issue but I would check out the Windows settings to make sure it is set to extend the display to the second monitor still. If that doesn't work, do both monitors work by themselves on either port?

Open the settings gear in the start menu then go to display to check if the 2 monitors are set right or not. 

0 Likes

I appreciate the response, however the second monitor does not even show up in windows anymore. I have no option to extend screens because Windows says there is only 1 monitor hooked up. Detect does not detect any additional monitors. Nothing shows up in Device Manager either. I will have to find another computer to double check the monitor but it was working when I downloaded and updated the drivers. It only stopped working after the restart. 

0 Likes