cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

isho20
Journeyman III

Updated drivers for rx580 now perfomance is worse.

my average fps in mw was about 70 fps, running fine, now its about 30 to 20 fps. unplayable. All after updated drivers.

My specs are 

fx 6300

12gb ram

rx580

600 psu

0 Likes
2 Replies

Best I can offer if for you to run DDU and return to a driver you preferred. By all means report your current findings to AMD an hopefully they address it: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

0 Likes
Maestro1334
Adept I

Same thing happened for me and my RX580. Updated to 20.9.1 from 20.4.2 and performance went way down. My GPU usage also kept going from 100% to 0% to 100% and so on. Spiking up and down, even in idle.

I decided I had to rollback and used DDU to uninstall the driver and reinstall 20.4.2. Then the problem was gone but when I started No Mans Sky I noticed horrible jagged lines, low res shadows and weird LOD / texture pop in around the camera. I then found that this problem was present across all games. It's like anti-aliasing is not working properly anymore. And like I said the shadows and LOD are off too.

One mistake I made is use DDU without safe mode. I advise you to run DDU in safe mode exclusively. Look up a how-to to do it properly.