cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

savvasth
Newcomer

Updated drivers and now I can't run games?

CPU: AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics.

GPU: AMD Radeon R5 M330 2GB

I recently downloaded a game (cs go) and I didn't get as many fps as I should so I tried to update my drivers. After I updated them ( I used the one which automatically finds my graphics card ) my laptop was freezing every 2 seconds. I went to device manager and updated AMD Radeon R5 M330. 1.png

After installation I got a blue screen and my laptop restarted. When it boot up my laptop didn't freeze as before. Now when I try to open AMD Radeon Settings it doesn't open. Also, when I try to launch CS GO it opens for 1 second and then crushes. I tried to launch another game and I get this message: 2.png

I searched dxdiag and I have DirectX 12 installed on my system...

So why is this happening? How can I solve this?

0 Likes
8 Replies

You can not "update R5 M330"...you update the APU. Please read Laptop graphics update...How to

To find the correct driver Download Drivers

Fill out the steps exactly as I have:

Always install the full version, never the 'minimal setup' Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

0 Likes

Hello, thank you for your help but I'm still facing the same problem. I did exactly everything you said but since I installed again the new drivers my laptop freezes every 2 seconds again (I think it's only the screen because the sound is ok). Now I can open AMD Radeon Settings, I can open games but I can't even use my laptop because of this freezing problem. What should I do? If I go and try to update it from device manager again I think I will go to where I started from and have the same problem as before.

0 Likes

I read that but for some applications I can't change the value to High Performance.

23.png

"Υψηλή απόδοση" means High Performance, "Εξοικονόμηση ενέργειας" means Power Saving. Some of those applications are locked and I can't change their values. I believe that's because they are currently running but for "SearchUI.exe" and "ShellExperienceHost.exe" I tried to end them from Task Manager but once I end them they start again.

0 Likes

Laptops will not use the discrete graphics card for OGL applications. That is handled by the integrated graphics. That is the default setting. Depending on your computer, you MAY have the option in the bios to use the discrete graphics only...although this option is generally confined to high performance "gaming" laptops. If you have the option to change the graphics in the bios to 'fixed' or 'static' rather than 'dynamic' or switchable'...do it. Check with the laptop manufacturer to see if there is a bios update..if this option is not in the bios.

This is from HP..but all laptops are similar > Official HP statement on Switchable Graphics and Open GL Fun... - HP Support Forum - 766285

0 Likes

Well I didn't have that option in the bios so I updated my bios but still I don't have that option.. is there anything else I can do? If there isn't I will have to uninstall them..

0 Likes

Generally heat is the biggest problem with laptops..and can cause similar faults. Download and run Open Hardware Monitor for a while to see what your actual CPU/GPU temps are at idle..no games.

Depending on a lot of variables, your fans and air intake slots get dirty/clogged quite often. Use a can of compressed air to clean them out. I have had to remove keyboards to get to the innards of some extreme cases.

Take and post screenshots of your current Mobility settings and your AMD settings.

0 Likes

Do you have your computer power plan set to "High Performance"...make sure it is.

0 Likes