cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

foxtrot135
Adept I

update from crimson to Adrenaline

hello..

iam actually trying to update my old R5 M330 which is currently running the Radeon 16.6 version (Crimson) on a windows 10 64x bit.

I tried to install the latest Adrenaline Software, and it ends up showing, THE FILE CANNOT BE RUN ON YOUR PC .PLEASE CONTACT THE PUBLISHER. 

So i dont know what to do now... Iam unable to find the crimson relive version software too. 

 

Bigger question, can I even upgrade from Crimson to Adrenaline?If yes, then HOW? Not able to install the Latest software not to mention that i had run the right setup for Windows 10 64xBit..

please help... Posting some screenshots if it helps..Screenshot (100).png

 

Screenshot (101).png

 

Screenshot (102).png

 

Screenshot (103).png

Btw its a totally stock laptop and not overclocked.. please guide towards a proper software upgrade!

0 Likes
2 Solutions
kingfish
Volunteer Moderator

You should be able to install any AMD driver.

Is Windows 10 fully updated?

Two things to try:

Open a command prompt as administrator and enter  sfc /scannow  to check for system errors.

Do a clean install of the AMD drivers using DDU in safe mode. This removes all vestiges of previous drivers.

Disconnect your laptop from the internet while performing these steps. Once everything is installed and the computer rebooted, then plug the internet in.

View solution in original post

RE: Bigger question, can I even upgrade from Crimson to Adrenaline?If yes, then HOW? 

You are supposed to be able to do it. 
But. 
Upgrading from Crimson -> Crimson ReLive -> Adrenalin -> Adrenalin 2020 has never worked for me properly using the AMD Installer. 

You should run DDU to remove the old drivers first.


View solution in original post

20 Replies
kingfish
Volunteer Moderator

Your laptop has two graphics chips that must be updated. Go to the laptop manufacturers support website and update chipset, bios, Intel and AMD graphics drivers. These drivers are specific to your laptop.

 


@kingfish wrote:

Your laptop has two graphics chips that must be updated. Go to the laptop manufacturers support website and update chipset, bios, Intel and AMD graphics drivers. These drivers are specific to your laptop.


 i have visited the website several times and even run a scan just to check if anything was not updated, but it seems like everything was up to date.. although, the BIOS was not updated which i have successfully updated as well.

i have also checked for driver updates for both my Intel HD 5500 as well as the AMD GPU and its updated.

i did run the  windows 10 64x bit setup for Adrenaline again but still it shows the same error.. 

Iam still curious..can i even upgrade from Crimson to Adrenaline software? 

0 Likes
kingfish
Volunteer Moderator

You should be able to install any AMD driver.

Is Windows 10 fully updated?

Two things to try:

Open a command prompt as administrator and enter  sfc /scannow  to check for system errors.

Do a clean install of the AMD drivers using DDU in safe mode. This removes all vestiges of previous drivers.

Disconnect your laptop from the internet while performing these steps. Once everything is installed and the computer rebooted, then plug the internet in.

Thanks alot! I used DDU and did a clean install of the software using the online installer! 

I was able to update directly from Crimson 16.6 to the latest Adrenalin! Jeez that was so easy, hardly took 5 mins to get it all done! I spent the entire yesterday looking for a fix! DDU rocks!

Thanks!

Great news. 

You *might* still want to talk with Levono in case there is something on their version of the AMD Laptop drivers that you need for the Laptop to work correctly.

Really glad you got it working. 


0 Likes
pokester
MVP

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Let's see if we can get you fixed up. 

You did not give your laptop model. So I am taking a stab at what is going on. 

If this laptop has an AMD APU then you need to load the driver for the APU not a GPU driver. The APU driver will properly load all correct drivers for AMD graphics. 

Run DDU from wagnardsoft dot com from safe mode, read directions. This will clean out all old and or incorrect drivers.

Then install the correct driver for your system from the AMD download page.  https://www.amd.com/en/support

Choose processors with graphics in the list not graphics, if you have an APU. 

 

If this does not help please provide as much of the following information as you can. 

When creating a new discussion, please provide as much detail as possible describing your issue, including the steps to reproduce the issue.

Below is an example of the essential information to provide when posting a new discussion.

Describe your system:

  • AMD Graphics Card Make & Model
    • Radeon VII
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • If a laptop, Make and Model of the Laptop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit 1909 Build
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Adrenaline 20.10.1
  • Display Make and model and connection/adapter in use, resolution, and refresh rate.
    • Samsung UE32850R 3840x2160 @60Hz Active DP to HDMI adapter
    • One line for each display device connected
  • CPU/APU Make and model number
    • Ryzen 5 5600X
  • Motherboard Make & Model + Bios Revision
    • Asus X570 Prime Pro BIOS 2802
  • Power Supply Unit Make & Model + Wattage
    • Seasonic Focus 750W Platinum
  • System Memory Make & Model + Frequency
    • GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL14 2x8GB

 Describe your issue:

  • Provide a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing, and the steps required to reproduce the issue.
  • Details about applications/games affected (including version number)
  • Graphical settings used in the application/game (resolution and 3D settings)
  • If possible, include a screenshot or video link of the issue

@pokester wrote:

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Let's see if we can get you fixed up. 

You did not give your laptop model. So I am taking a stab at what is going on. 

If this laptop has an AMD APU then you need to load the driver for the APU not a GPU driver. The APU driver will properly load all correct drivers for AMD graphics. 

Run DDU from wagnardsoft dot com from safe mode, read directions. This will clean out all old and or incorrect drivers.

Then install the correct driver for your system from the AMD download page.  https://www.amd.com/en/support

Choose processors with graphics in the list not graphics, if you have an APU. 

 

If this does not help please provide as much of the following information as you can. 

When creating a new discussion, please provide as much detail as possible describing your issue, including the steps to reproduce the issue.

Below is an example of the essential information to provide when posting a new discussion.

Describe your system:

  • AMD Graphics Card Make & Model
    • Radeon VII
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • If a laptop, Make and Model of the Laptop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit 1909 Build
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Adrenaline 20.10.1
  • Display Make and model and connection/adapter in use, resolution, and refresh rate.
    • Samsung UE32850R 3840x2160 @60Hz Active DP to HDMI adapter
    • One line for each display device connected
  • CPU/APU Make and model number
    • Ryzen 5 5600X
  • Motherboard Make & Model + Bios Revision
    • Asus X570 Prime Pro BIOS 2802
  • Power Supply Unit Make & Model + Wattage
    • Seasonic Focus 750W Platinum
  • System Memory Make & Model + Frequency
    • GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL14 2x8GB

 Describe your issue:

  • Provide a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing, and the steps required to reproduce the issue.
  • Details about applications/games affected (including version number)
  • Graphical settings used in the application/game (resolution and 3D settings)
  • If possible, include a screenshot or video link of the issue

PC Specs:

Video Cards:

AMD Radeon R5 M330 (2GB Physcial Memory)(not overclocked)

Intel HD 5500 (1GB)

Video Card Processor: Intel® HD Graphics Family

CPU: INTEL  i3 - 5005U CPU @2.00GHZ 

Laptop Make and model: Lenevo 80E5

OS : Windows 10 Home 64BIT 1909 build

Current Radeon Software: Crimson 16.6 

Memory: 8GB 

Refresh Rate Maximum : 60Hz .

Resolution: 1366 x 768

BIOS: 

VERSOIN: B0CNA0WW 

Motherboard: 

Manufacturer:    LENOVO
Model:                  Lenovo G50-80
Version:                SDK0J40679 WIN
 
 
Storage :  WDC WD10JPCX-24UE4T0 

Version : 10.0.18362.1

 

i hope i was able to provide enough!

0 Likes

It's Adrenalin w/o the additional e on the end!

The spelling Nazi. 

0 Likes

Now that my Adrenaline levels have reduced... 

Your laptop discrete GPU is GCN 1.0.
I think that may have something to do with it.

Posting this before before i get logged off.

0 Likes

RE: Bigger question, can I even upgrade from Crimson to Adrenaline?If yes, then HOW? 

You are supposed to be able to do it. 
But. 
Upgrading from Crimson -> Crimson ReLive -> Adrenalin -> Adrenalin 2020 has never worked for me properly using the AMD Installer. 

You should run DDU to remove the old drivers first.



@colesdav wrote:

RE: Bigger question, can I even upgrade from Crimson to Adrenaline?If yes, then HOW? 

You are supposed to be able to do it. 
But. 
Upgrading from Crimson -> Crimson ReLive -> Adrenalin -> Adrenalin 2020 has never worked for me properly using the AMD Installer. 

You should run DDU to remove the old drivers first.




@colesdav wrote:

RE: Bigger question, can I even upgrade from Crimson to Adrenaline?If yes, then HOW? 

You are supposed to be able to do it. 
But. 
Upgrading from Crimson -> Crimson ReLive -> Adrenalin -> Adrenalin 2020 has never worked for me properly using the AMD Installer. 

You should run DDU to remove the old drivers first.


 

It worked for me though! 


 

0 Likes

RE: "it worked for me though"
Yes it runs, that does not mean it works properly.
Seen cases in the past where the upgrade runs but then you find that games crash and the root cause was a corrupted AMD driver install. 

Best to DDU first then do clean install of full latest Adrenalin 2020 Driver, and not use incremental install. 

I went to your Laptop support page. 

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/gb/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-g-series-laptops/g50-80/80e5...

1. Your laptop is out of support.

2. The latest available AMD Video Driver is ... 

  • Individual Downloads
  • Version
  • Released
  • Size
  • Severity
  • Download

"Reasons not to buy an AMD laptop number 1000".

I suggest you: 

1. Contact Levono support and ask them for advice. 

2. Update Windows 10 to version 2004 if you can, because latest Adrenalin versions since ~ 20.7.1 has not been running correctly on Windows 10 19.09 version for me. It has also been difficult to install.

3. Once you have updated Windows 10 run system checks to make sure everything is o.k. and reinstall the laptop GPU driver above. 

4. Run a full Windows 7 System Image backup of your laptop to an external USB drive. 
 
That should get you back to a working system. 

5. Run a second full Windows 7 System Image backup of your laptop to an external USB drive. 

There are two things I think you could try from this point. 

(1). Full DDU uninstall of the Laptop Driver and try again to install the latest Adrenalin 2020 20.11.2 driver. 

(2). Keep the exisiting Laptop Recommended GUI/UI but use Control Panel\Hardware and Sound ->  Device Manager -> Display Adapters -> Update Driver.  Select your GPU and just update the Driver files by pointing to the extracted Adrenalin 2020 20.11.2 INF file under the following path: C:\AMD\Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-20.11.2-Win10-64Bit-Nov18\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF

0 Likes

Here is a link on how to run DDU properly to remove old laptop drivers. 
https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/amd-driver-fix-and-install-using-ddu/m-p/426238#M13454...

0 Likes

I have upgraded to Adrenalin... DDU solved the problem!

The drivers which i previously had installed along with crimson software were pre installed with the laptop, thats why whenever I tried to update or move to latest driver updates manually i would always have two outcomes...either it would say contact your manufacturer  for latest drivers as the ones which were pre installed were like MADE ACCORDING TO THE COMPUTER SPECS  and other one of course that whenever i looked for autoupdates it would say no new updates caz ofc its a 4 year old tech! xD

DDU was the key! Once the pre installed drivers were wiped off , i was able to install the newer drivers smoothly!

Thankz for the suggestions tho!

 

 

although now that iam upgraded to adrenalin... iam still not able to do a few things!

like when is relive coming for laptops....?

and why  is the FAN CONTROL option so limited? like i get only 0-1 control... and please tell me how should i use it..

overclocking wont work... even though i pump up the clock speeds by small numbers only, once i save my profile it just reverts back to defaults... I was able to clock smoothly over crimson... 

what does "port 58888 already in use"mean? AMD LINK

any overclocking suggestions? keeping in mind that its a R5 M330....


@colesdav wrote:

I suggest you: 

1. Contact Levono support and ask them for advice. 

2. Update Windows 10 to version 2004 if you can, because latest Adrenalin versions since ~ 20.7.1 has not been running correctly on Windows 10 19.09 version for me. It has also been difficult to install.

3. Once you have updated Windows 10 run system checks to make sure everything is o.k. and reinstall the laptop GPU driver above. 

4. Run a full Windows 7 System Image backup of your laptop to an external USB drive. 
 
That should get you back to a working system. 

5. Run a second full Windows 7 System Image backup of your laptop to an external USB drive. 

There are two things I think you could try from this point. 

(1). Full DDU uninstall of the Laptop Driver and try again to install the latest Adrenalin 2020 20.11.2 driver. 

(2). Keep the exisiting Laptop Recommended GUI/UI but use Control Panel\Hardware and Sound ->  Device Manager -> Display Adapters -> Update Driver.  Select your GPU and just update the Driver files by pointing to the extracted Adrenalin 2020 20.11.2 INF file under the following path: C:\AMD\Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-20.11.2-Win10-64Bit-Nov18\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF


 

Awesome! Thanks for reporting back what helped. It really helps others looking for answers!

Now you can be a tech hero and pass along that advice to family and friends.  

0 Likes

You should not really try to overclock the the discrete  GPU on a laptop. 
Cooling likely not good enough. 
So consider yourself warned from doing it at all. 

One way to overclock a discrete AMD laptop GPU  that worked for me in the past was to download and install MSI afterburner. 
There is an option to "extend overclocking range". 
Click that. Reboot the laptop, make sure MSI Afterburner is not running, then open Adrenalin software. 
See if you can now overclock the laptop GPU, but be very careful. 

You may then want to uninstall MSI Afterburner as it often conflicts with Radeon Adrenalin 2020 software. 
Asus GPUTweak II also has similar function that works on some GPUs, same deal w.r.t. conflicts. 
They both offer customised fan control you may also want to try.

ikr! 


@colesdav wrote:

I went to your Laptop support page. 

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/gb/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-g-series-laptops/g50-80/80e5...

1. Your laptop is out of support.

2. The latest available AMD Video Driver is ... 

  • Individual Downloads
  • Version
  • Released
  • Size
  • Severity
  • Download

"Reasons not to buy an AMD laptop number 1000".


 

0 Likes
kingfish
Volunteer Moderator

So which is the correct answer....you checked two??

0 Likes