cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ciboh
Journeyman III

update drivers.

Hey so I have had my pc for about a year or so and when I go to try to update my drivers my screen will go black and it will end up being in a boot loop this has happened to me 3 times and I had to take my pc in for them to fix it I really want to try to get it to work but im not really sure if there is a way around this I want to just use the amd app really bad but im just worried about it going in a boot loop.

0 Likes
2 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

If it's still under warranty, get the place you purchased it from to do it for you..

If it's not able to update then it's not fit for purpose, they have to fix it so everything is working as it should..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

quite often your TV or monitor is set to a display mode like say FREESYNC or VRR.. or some sort of GAME MODE which is set to maybe a certain refresh rate or something.. then when your display driver reinstalls.. or uninstalls its no longer set to freesync in adrenaline software as its not currently installed. So your TV REQUIRES FREESYNC FORMAT but your computer doesnt have the drivers for freesyncinstalled. so you get a black screen.

other times you've got an AV receiver or an issue with HDMI or a faulty HDMI cable or usb cable or device which uses power plugged in. some audio visual gear may not use the same CEC HDMI stuff, see its supposed to let you use the one remote with everything and one power button turns everything off.. and have like ARC support over HDMI for your receiver.. but often different brands dont have a clue or cheap out on stuff or use decades old standards or make up their own.. so shut down and turn on you maybe get static shock like buzzing down your HDMI cables or some sorta crazy nonsense where devices turn on or off or whatever.. when reinstalling drivers you need the AMD cleanup utility and factory reset is best and use the physical remote on your TV to set things to auto or tv/entertainment mode? with your BIOS/USB/windows power management make sure its not got stupid on wake stuff or suspend to ram/hibernate nonsense and definitely do not ECO low power anything on your gaming PC. its probably set to some lame ECO mode or somebodys trying to crypto mine or overvolt or overclock and overjuice your AMD devices to try to fry them..  because they dont like you having a true super computer and they got fake nvidia/intel nonsense. secure erase the HDD and clear CMOS jumper on board with power unplugged and reset bios in bios and update bios.. eh then after secure erase in bios try reinstalling windows ensuring in device security you set it secure as possible like core isolation memory integrity and all exploit protection. consider removing or updating any audio visual gear or try update their firmware and test with different cables.. try one monitor/display at once not dual. if multi monitor set to same refresh rates and signal res. if you have any screen capture or converter cables like Display port to HDMI get rid of those and use regular hdmi to hdmi or display port to displayport with the 8k carved onto the cables when u buy so you know its rated for whatever you're probably trying. 

0 Likes