cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

flypz1n
Journeyman III

update 22.3 is in error, recording with "saturated" dark image.

This 22.3 update is in error, because when I record the screen and save, the video has a dark "saturated" image. I tested the same procedure in version 22.0 and the video is normal. Can anyone help?

5 Replies
ObliviousK9
Adept I

Having the exact same problem and am using a 6800xt. Updated drivers and everything has gone wrong. Bugs left and right when trying to reinstall and when I finally get the computer to stop giving bugs report suggestions, recordings are really dark compared to what the gameplay actually looked like. I've tried calibrating and even doing a bunch of reinstallations of AMD software and even doing a bunch of ram allocation issues but still nothing. Haven't been able to find anyone else online with the same problem so it's honestly really nice seeing someone else recently getting this problem too, as weird as it is to say.

0 Likes
ObliviousK9
Adept I

Just wanted to give an update in case you still haven't been able to get any fixes. I found that using the AMD cleanup tool to wipe out the currently installed drivers and then rolling back to the Radeon 22.1.2 driver fixes the issue. Seems this driver has a myriad of issues that were overlooked. It also seemed to be causing a memory leak from one of their windows services too which doesn't happen anymore since I rolled back. Hope it helps!

0 Likes

Had tons of issues with 22.3.x drivers too, both on my system where I noticed broken recordings and screen tearing in game, and on a friends system where I noticed screen tearing too. Rolled back to 22.2.1 and everything is fine now.

I have 6900xT, I disabled "Surface format optimization" under "Advanced" in the "graphics tab" after several problems with stutter constantly. When you make your GPU override APP settings it usually causes problems. I don't know if this is enabled by default, but I don't remember turning it on. Disable this and Radeon anti-lag if you have that one on and everything should run pristine even on the highest quality settings. Long story short any Radeon setting that overrides application settings cause bad things to happen; I.E. constant stutter/crashes/etc...

@amd let me get a remote technical assistance customer support job. I love helping ppl fix stuff. I can solve their problems and make your customer's happy

Unfortunately, I had already tried that and experimented with the AMD settings as I had the same theory but it still didn't fix the recording and I never had a stutter in the first place. It might've been a specific case scenario for your build. These drivers were definitely not tested correctly unfortunately and hopefully, we'll see a patch this week to address it. The number of times I've had bad recordings or AMD drivers crash this week is awful.

0 Likes