Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bryantttperez
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Undervolting the XFX RX 590 "Fatboy" cards

Hi.

I think if i have the same video card this configuration must worth it.

I'll try.

0 Kudos
robbers
Adept I
Adept I

I hope it helps you, I have just moved on to an RX 5700, Gigabyte Gaming OC, got it running at 1850 GPU and 1860 RAM, undervolted to 980. Running really well, even in games I cannot hear it. It is a huge leap compared to my 590 Fatboy. 

0 Kudos
bryantttperez
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I have tested your configuration and in one of the tests it deactivates vertical synchronization and then crashed. I have with my xfx 590 um ryzen 5 2600 and 16gb RAM. I would not like to screw up the matter by touching the voltage, because I am somewhat unaware of this topic.

0 Kudos
binarydepth
Adept II
Adept II

The temps is what prevents me from buying this card, Core clock is fine with the performance BIOS but the VRAM still is at 80 C in GamersNExus testing video and there's a reason for that. If I get get the VRAM to run at low 70's then would definitely buy. So The only need is to undervolt the VRAM and maybe switch to looser timings and the performance mode should keep the core on the 70's. But this more aggressive undervolt is quite amazing if it can run even cooler. I will consider buying with this voltage settings as reference. I would like to see the stock settings for different states to see how far the undervolt goes. Also even though the card doesn't crash with benchmarks can show decrease in performance when I tried with my card.

0 Kudos
wth
Adept II
Adept II

Mine's still running no hotter than about 60c since flipping the dual bios switch on it.Have had the card for over a year and no issues what so ever.Will add none of the 6 or so people I know or game with that have a XFX RX 590 are not having any issues with their cards either after flipping the bios switch to performance bios.

0 Kudos
binarydepth
Adept II
Adept II

TY for the response. I have a question, does the manual show well how to switch to performance BIOS orientation wise. Is it away from the power connector or forward to the power connectors? Or maybe a better reference would be the output ports, away or forward to. Also, this is my very first PC I build and never had power connectors and wonder if the plugs from the PUS are foolproof meaning I can only plug it correctly because someone on Youtube talked about being sure to connect it right so you don't fry the GPU.lt

Also my main problem with this GPU was that in the testing at GamersNexus the VRAM was running at 80 C and for me that's a no no, have you checked VRAM temps? If the card run at 60 overall just with the BIOS switch then undervoing may not be necessary at all.

Note: I just ordered the GPU

0 Kudos
binarydepth
Adept II
Adept II

I will try a fan curve like this, FAN = TEMP + 30 which turns 70C to 100% fan speed

0 Kudos
wth
Adept II
Adept II

The switch is just to the left of where the power hooks up.Its a micro switch and will most likely be flipped to the right. Just install the card and flip the switch to the left and that's it.I did watch the GamersNexus vid but have not had those type temps ever on my card with it set to performance mode.That card will get hot under load if u run it in the default bios but on the other hand XFX should be letting people know more info about the dual bios.I'll double check vram temp but think it was fine last time i checked it.

Vrm's run under load on mine about 50 to 60c, Gpu memory is around 57 c average.

0 Kudos
binarydepth
Adept II
Adept II

0 Kudos
binarydepth
Adept II
Adept II

The underlvolt doesn't seem to be applying, a heads up with others who plan undervolting the GPU.

EDIT:

I tried auto settings and it get to 1.2 Volts under load so the undervolt is working it's just the driver doesn't let it go so low. It is undervolting.

0 Kudos