Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

cometor
Adept I

Unable to use a manual fan curve

Hello there,

I am unable to use the custom fan control in the AMD Software.
To answer a feq questions upfront:

1. I do not have a thrid party software installed. 
2. If I choose a custom curve, the fan always idles at aaround 10% an at 65 °C the speed jumps up to 80%.

How can I choose a custom fan curve?

0 Likes
1 Solution

The curve is "lying" to us, it is not actually a fan curve, but only 5 points, and the speed will only change if you hit the temperature. That is why the Speed is always jumping up and down.
It would be great if you could make a "smooth Curve" to not have those harsh steps in RPM and noise.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
ryeloc
Adept II

When you change it to manual you'll get 5 points on a grid to place. You'll place those points within the graph and the scaling should move with the dots based on your GPU Temperature. Are you not getting the option to place the dots? If you are, is the issue the fans aren't scaling with the placed points?

0 Likes

Yes I think I understood how the system should work. I have the option to place the dots, but the fans are not scaling the way i set them. 
And yes I also clicked on apply to apply the settings.

0 Likes
cometor
Adept I

I don't really know how, but I seem to have fixed the problem. I restarted the Software a few times and switched from automatic to manual fan curve and applied both settings. Now it works. 
It is just a little annoying that even when using a smooth fan curve, the controller is kinda slow. So in games, the Fan speed jumps from 600 RPM to 3000 RPM and then back down.

0 Likes

The curve is "lying" to us, it is not actually a fan curve, but only 5 points, and the speed will only change if you hit the temperature. That is why the Speed is always jumping up and down.
It would be great if you could make a "smooth Curve" to not have those harsh steps in RPM and noise.

0 Likes

Ahh yeah, I noticed that awhile back as well and I was told it was a bug. But now I'm wondering if this is a real bug or intended. It makes it appear as if it's a curve but it's not. Glad it's working for you now.

0 Likes