cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Unable to update Graphics Ryzen 7 2700U RX Vega 10 Driver

I have a HP Envy X360 13m-ag0xxx with Ryzen 7 2700U processor and integrated RX Vega 10 graphics. Im currently on software 17.7 and Radeon Settings

Radeon Settings Version

Driver Packaging Version

17.40.3501.1004-180329a-326563C-HP

I can't get this to update using the AMD website. I have uninstalled everything and tried multiple packages and none worked. First time I received components are already installed. Then Error 182 AMD Installer cannot properly identify the AMD Graphics hardware.

Vendor ID 1002

Hardware ID 15DD

Please help, can't play games getting error message need updated driver.

39 Replies

game shows I need a 17.7.2 driver or newer before I can play.

0 Likes

They recently released new drivers for the g models vega so maybe the U will get some love soon. Microsoft has vega 10 drivers in a june 8 update so maybe look for any windows updates you may have available?

0 Likes

I dont even see an option under AMDs website for a driver for my APU.

0 Likes

I have the latest driver from Windows Update FYI. Driver version from there

shows  23.20.821.1024 Rev.B

0 Likes
wolfaroo
Journeyman III

Download the latest driver. Install it. It'll fail.

Now. Close out the windows.

Go to the start menu and type "Device Manager" hit enter.

Go under display adapters. Double click your GPU.

Go to the driver tab. Update Driver > Browse my computer > Let me pick > Have disk.

In the window that opens you're gonna navigate to your C:\\AMD\Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-Xxxversiondate\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF. You'll only have one file to click. Click, hit ok then next and walla! It'll install. Then you reboot and bam. newest drivers.

Bug to report, my screen flickers after waking from closing the screen. Restart fixes it. Otherwise games work better, etc. Have fun! :3

0 Likes

Still doesn't work, still on 17.7.

0 Likes

Yes and it's 17.7 not 18.8 or even any 18.x

0 Likes

All 3 files on hp site are 17.7?

0 Likes

Yes  

0 Likes

When you try to install does it ask if you want a clean install? If it does do that so it removes the old

0 Likes

I've done several clean install and even tried the other way nothing is working. Website isn't useful when HP isn't providing the updated 18.x drivers they keep posting the 17.7 drives and my games are telling me driver 17.7.2 is required.

0 Likes

I downloaded 2 of the files from the above link and they are definitely different. May have to use winrar and take the driver folder out of the EXE and pint windows to it. No idea what HP is doing but it shouldn't be a problem unless they are putting up files for something different

0 Likes

The exe also has audio drivers packaged in it

0 Likes

The .inf doesn't actually include my device almost all others just not mine. ☹️

0 Likes

Well if the web page for your laptop shows drivers available yet they are not for your laptop I suggest contacting HP and asking what the hell they are doing. Seems a bit ridiculous to me.

0 Likes

I'm on a clean install of Windows. That might have to do with it because HP does mess around with the permissions allowed by factory.

I suggest clean install Windows THEN install the drivers. I'm on 18.9 now.

0 Likes

Did you clean install the drivers using the latest DDU? Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

Did you disconnect from the internet while uninstalling/installing the drivers? DDU has new instructions..make sure you have the latest version  You should not reconnect until the process of installing the drivers is finished and you have rebooted your computer.

0 Likes

Yes and booted into safe mode as someone instructed.

0 Likes

DDU removes it from the pc so I dunno how you keep getting it back unless windows update does it

0 Likes

That can happen if you are connected to the internet. Win10 changed how they check for driver versions. Also should have deleted the C:AMD of all previous drivers.

0 Likes

I never said it came back on it's on. It appeared to install that driver but wasn't installed fully.

0 Likes

One other thing I can think of. Have you tried the HP support assistant to install the drivers?

0 Likes

That installs only drivers from HP which are 17.7 and that's the issue with my games

0 Likes

There are no drivers for your laptop on the AMD site. The mobile Ryzen APU w/Vega are too new. Get the latest available drivers from the laptop manufacturer.

These drivers are updated on a quarterly basis, and there are never any 'beta' drivers. Only WHQL.

0 Likes

No it's not truth because AMD doesn't support Mobile Ryzen APUs yet

Also the link displays that drivers for general apus( not only raven ridge) updated every 3 months which is not truth either because lots of new (beta) drivers like 18.7.1,18.8.1 and 18.9.1 supports APUs (and Ryzen apus except for mobile Ryzen)

0 Likes

I don't understand what your saying?

I said there are no drivers for the Mobility versions on the AMD site.

These graphics are Raven Ridge.

The desktop versions are only updated quarterly (per AMD) so you have to assume the Mobility versions are the same.

The link I posted  was in response to a Raven Ridge APU question and has to do with Raven Ridge APU's only.

0 Likes

Yes! the desktop versions of Raven Ridge are not only updated quarterly  , because 18.7.1 (july) , 18.8.1(August) and 18.9.1(September) updates are Beta and have support for desktop versions of Raven Ridge

So are updated more often

0 Likes

We will let Matt answer this..

You need to use the drivers provided by your OEM HP, they are responsible for providing the driver updates for this product.ray_m

vibogdan
Journeyman III

Hi there! I have the same issue with a Lenovo Ideapad 720s with AMD Ryzen 7 2700u and integrated Vega 10 graphics. I tried installing 18.11 driver but after that my Radeon Setting won't open anymore, stating a mismatch with the driver. So I ran the Lenovo System Update and it reverted back to 17.7 driver.

So apparently Lenovo (and in your case HP) do not recommend an update newer than 17.7, at least for the moment.

Were you able to find any solutions on this in the meantime?

0 Likes

No, I'm still not able to play games.

0 Likes
r00ster
Journeyman III

Hey blacknight2332,

I'm currently buying a laptop with a Ryzen 7 and a Vega 10. And now after I read so many bad things about it, I'm not sure if I should cancel the purchase.

Are you still unable to play games?

Also I heard there are cooling problems with the vega 10 and the vega 8 perfomance is mostly better. Is this true? Can you confirm something like this?

And did you contact the AMD support yet?

0 Likes

AMD does not offer Ryzen Mobility drivers. The OEM supplier is responsible for that. Get your driver from the laptop manufacturer.

0 Likes

OEM is something like Lenovo right? Then I think I found my site with the drivers.

0 Likes

Yes...OEM=manufacturer.

0 Likes
90ninety
Adept I

AMD will now released ( 25/2/2019 )Adrenaline Drivers on their website for the 2500u/2700u and other RR mobile APU .

AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Drivers & Support | AMD 

https://www.engadget.com/2019/02/26/amd-ryzen-mobile-drivers-finally/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer_us=...

0 Likes