cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Llewelyn_MT
Journeyman III

Unable to update chipset driver on Windows 11 (Error 1714)

mobo: MSI B550M Mortar (BIOS 7C94v17, 2021-05-25)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600

OS: Windows 11 (upgraded from Windows 10, fully updated)

chipset driver version installed: 3.09.01.140

I have recently upgraded Windows 10 to 11 to test it out. Having read that an upgrade of the chipset driver is advisable I have downloaded the most recent package 3.10.08.506 but I am unable to install it. I get an Error 1714 every time, as the old version cannot be removed.

What I have tried to do so far:

1. uninstalling old chipset drivers via "Add or remove programs" has failed, removing the entry, but not actually uninstalling anything
  2. reinstalling 3.09.01.140 is possible, but doesn't fix anything
  3. installing any other chipset driver version fails with Error 1714 (I have tried every single one from 2.04.28.626 up)
  4. I have removed the C:\AMD\ directory

I am at a loss here. I will do a clean install of Windows 11 one day, but I would like to test how it compares to Windows 10 first.

AMD_Chipset_Software_Install.log: https://pastebin.com/kJNz3X5E

Install summary: https://pastebin.com/yVjib43C

0 Likes
1 Solution

Try using Microsoft Install/Uninstall Tool to remove all AMD Drivers listed. Then try to install again and see if it succeeds.

If not try using the tool to install the AMD CHIPSET.

Remember to delete the AMD CHIPSET created installation file at C:\AMD before installing again and each time.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Try using Microsoft Install/Uninstall Tool to remove all AMD Drivers listed. Then try to install again and see if it succeeds.

If not try using the tool to install the AMD CHIPSET.

Remember to delete the AMD CHIPSET created installation file at C:\AMD before installing again and each time.

That did the trick, thank you. I was not aware of this tool.

Greetings. I'm having a similar problem. I can't update chipset drivers for my Asus TUF B550M WIFI. I have Windows 11, No AMD to uninstall from Install/Uninstall Windows option. And already delete chipset folder from C:\AMD and still have the same issue. 

I'm attaching the install log.

Install Log 

Manuel A. Lara
0 Likes