Drivers & Software

trussell24
Journeyman III

Unable to update AMD graphics card driver for Windows 10

• AMD Graphics Card – AMD Radeon R5 Graphics
  • Desktop HP 550-a114
  • OS – Windows 10 Home 64 bit
  • Driver – 15.201.1301.0
  • Display – HP w2207 LCD Monitor 60 Hertz Refresh Rate (VGA Connection)
  • Motherboard – HP 2829 Serial #4CI60109F3 Version 1.01
  • Bios Information – 113-C69300-100
  • AMD A8-6410 APU
  • RAM – 8 GB

Recently my display monitor stopped working and was stuck in hibernation mode. Typically, I leave my desktop on and put it in sleep mode when it’s not in use. The display finally came back on after unplugging and restarting everything a couple of times, but now the color is incorrect – it seems that no green colors are being displayed.

I made sure everything was up to date with Windows and HP. I also tried multiple VGA chords and tested the monitor on another device and it worked fine so I know the issue is not with the monitor itself or the connections. I opened my display settings and attempted to update the driver for my graphics card and I was shocked to see it was still on a version from 2015. Then I did some research and saw the issues with Windows 10 and AMD. When I try to update the driver, it will start the update, but it won’t complete. Windows will say that the driver is up to date, but it is not.

I saw some instructions on downloaded the AMD Catalyst Install Manager to uninstall everything and then upload the correct driver manually. I’m not so confident in this so I wanted to get some more feedback before trying this. Before I use the Catalyst and uninstall everything, I need to have the correct driver already downloaded, correct? I cannot tell which driver I need because there is no series listed anywhere for my graphics card, all I have is R5.

If someone could please point me in the right direction to get this issue solved that would be greatly appreciated. I tried to provide all the info I could to the best of my knowledge, but please let me know if there are any other questions.

0 Likes
1 Solution
2 Replies

Thank you! Got the new driver installed and all good now!