cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

FlyingTaco
Adept I

Unable to play games after driver update (Major FPS drop) - RX 580 8GB

Hey guys I really need your help. My GPU stopped working correctly and I can't play games anymore. LAGS are so insane (FPS < 20) that I can't play games. I've been trying a bunch of different things, but nothing looks like it's working. 

So I play Overwatch and I've been playing it smoothly since last night. At a certain point last night, I just wanted to open the AMD Software. But I couldn't. Everything started with this error:

mistake.png

After I got this message,

• I immediately uninstalled and reinstalled the AMD Software Adrenalin 22.11.2  (latest version) on my PC.

Then boom, can't play anymore. Screen lags are just too serious even with lowest specs (I even get lags in the game menu).

I searched information online. Other people had this problem in the past, and it looks like it's related to the (new) versions of AMD Software. I tried literally anything that I've found online.

• I stopped any driver auto-update In PC Systems.
  • I rolled back the GPU driver to a previous version in Device Manager.

Many tries, nothing worked.

• I tried AMD Software: Pro Edition instead of the Adrenalin one. Same issue.
  • I downloaded a previous version (Adrenalin 22.5.1) and downgraded. And this time, I made sure to reset everything to fabric settings.

asdasdasdasd.png

Windows 10 Home
GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB Special Edition
RAM: 32GB

Temps are good. Fans work good. CPU is good. Specs and settings are at their lowest.

Snap the day I got that little warning.

To anyone who encountered this problem, I will appreciate any kind of help.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Information I relied on so far (community.amd.com):

rx-6600-xt-stutters-on-overwatch-with-newest-driver-22-5-2/m-p/527247 
my-pc-just-started-lagging-when-i-updated-to-the-22-7-1/m-p/538608#M159372 

plus couple of YouTube videos. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
FlyingTaco
Adept I

I came back for an update:

After several attempts, I decided to format the computer entirely. 

Sad that we could not get much help. I am really disappointed by AMD in general.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Try using a tool called AMD Cleanup Utility, and reinstall.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

Hey cpurpe. Thanks for your reply, I appreaciate it. I did as you said. The problem is still there.

0 Likes
Ryanlever
Adept I

drivermessed.pngMy problem is worse I get this. Funny thing is I tried going back to a previous driver and it worked fine. I thought it bugged so I tried the recent one and again it happened.drivermessed.png

0 Likes
FlyingTaco
Adept I

I came back for an update:

After several attempts, I decided to format the computer entirely. 

Sad that we could not get much help. I am really disappointed by AMD in general.

It's unfortunate that you had to do that. Is the issue still present?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
mukaa_arts
Journeyman III

Hello there,

Facing exact same issue as you. Tried searching whole internet but couldn't find anything that might help. Were you able to fix the issue? Already tried the window reinstall but the problem is still there.

0 Likes

Have you tried using drivers that worked previously

0 Likes

I don't remember what version I was using. I already tried driver from 2019 and 2020 that didn't work. I wish I had not accidentally clicked on software to see that warning pop up which made me update the software. Not a single game is playable. There is a huge lag even in the menu and loading screens.

0 Likes

Ok so after messing around with different settings in the AMD software, I noticed fps get a lot better when I reduce GPU tuning frequency to something between -8 to -12. Though it does improve something, I'm still not getting my consistent smooth fps back like it was before the update. What am I supposed to do here? 

0 Likes