cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

audrys
Journeyman III

Unable to install X570 Chipset Drivers

hi, I did a fresh Windows 10 install and wanted to upgrade AMD x570 chipset drivers when I run the executable, it hangs. Gets stuck at 'Please wait...AMD Chip[set Drivers extraction in progress'. I used AMD clean-up utility to remoive all AMD drivers and it still hangs. Any help, please. 

Gigabyte Aorus x570 Extreme

AMD 3900X 

AMD Chipset Drivers
Revision Number
0 Likes
4 Replies
ghostryderflyby
Journeyman III

Same exact issue, 1.9.27.1033 drivers.

0 Likes

As a test, I also downloaded and tried installing the August 1.8.19.0915 drivers, and encountered the same issue. Meanwhile the drivers from Gigabyte's website install just fine, so it is clearly an issue with AMD's installer. Unfortunately, the drivers that Gigabyte has up are from July and are the 19.10.16 drivers, so I'm stuck with older drivers since the AMD installer is broken. I have searched around and found many posts by folks having this issue with the new installer, but no responses at all to any of them with a suggestion on how to resolve it, and all I've heard from AMD on this issue is crickets. I'm a might frustrated, and questioning my switch to AMD, after 17 years with Intel.

0 Likes

I fixed my issue by going to Control Panel | Programs and Features search for AMD, from the list, select AMD chipset driver and remove it. Next, run the new chipset installer. 

ghostryderflyby
Journeyman III

That finally worked! Well done and thank you!

0 Likes