cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Unable to install ryzen 3 3200g drivers

When I install the drivers, it says it dis it successfully but device manager say it's still using microsoft drivers and does not appear in the left click screen. Due to this I am unable to play some games.

21 Replies

Not sure what to offer really need your complete hardware specs for anyone to really be able to help.

When posting a new question, please provide as much detail as possible describing your issue making sure to include the relevant hardware and software configuration. 
For example:

• Issue Description: [Describe your issue in detail here]
  • Hardware: [Describe the make and model of your: Graphics Card, CPU, Motherboard, RAM, PSU, Display(s), etc.]
  • Software: [Describe version or release date of your: Operating System, Game/Application, Drivers, etc.]

It would be super helpful if you could also include a screen shot of your device manager list with what you are seeing.

Gtx 1050 2gb

Ryzen 3 3200g

Gigabyte b450m ds3h

Evga 500 watt power supply

0 Likes

Also 8gb 2666 viper ram

0 Likes

Screenshot_20191002-164858_TeamViewer.jpg

0 Likes

That looks like you have a repository driver loaded. Did you download and install the standalone driver from AMD or just let Windows install one? Also you have an Nvidia card in there too?

Where are you plugging your monitor into the nvidia card or your motherboard

0 Likes

I've tried Installing the amd one but it just doesn't install. My hdmi is pluged into the graphics card and yes its nvidia 

0 Likes

So right now you are only using your Nvidia card as that is what you are plugged into.

If you want to use the AMD graphics you need to plug into the motherboard to use your APU's graphics.

So make sure your motherboard chipset driver is the latest first: https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b450 

Then download and install your APU's driver: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-3-desktop-processors-radeon-vega-g... 

Now that will get you using the AMD graphics. Now the question though is why would you do this. The card you have is much more powerful than the graphics integrated on that chip. So in reality it is one or the other. You won't benefit from both, at least not from a general performance standpoint.

Your could though switch ports as need if for some reason a particular game or app works better on one vs the other.

So you still want to have the correct drivers loaded,

I would however in general unless you want to upgrade to a more powerful AMD desktop card just stick with your green team card and download the latest drivers for it.

Bottom line have all drives installed and plug into whichever one you want to use.

Good Luck!

The reason I want to is that when I play certain games all my drivers dissapear then my resoultion is stuck in 1080i and when I play anything else it says that the card doesnt support opengl so i wanted to get the vega drivers to use that to see if it was a problem with my 1050. 

0 Likes

Okay that's understandable. Just follow the instructions above I also gave the links, looks like elstaci linked to the driver after me as well, it should work.

0 Likes

I don't believe you are looking in the correct category for your Vega driver in Device Manager. I noticed that you don't have "Display Adapters" opened. That is where you should be able to see both Nvidia and AMD Graphics drivers.  Seems like you are looking at the Windows generic driver for the Processor itself and not the graphic driver.

Open the Display Adapters in Device Manager and see if it shows both Nvidia GTX 1050 and AMD Vega 8 Graphics drivers.

0 Likes

There is only gtx 1050 not vega 8 in the device adapters

0 Likes

Do you have the latest BIOS and CHIPSET versions installed on your motherboard from Gigabyte Support download page?  B450M DS3H (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE U.S.A. 

The latest BIOS is:

I notice that under your Motherboard Specs under CPU it doesn't mention support for 3rd generation Ryzen with Vega. Only 2nd generation Ryzen with Vega:B450M DS3H (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE U.S.A. 

This could be an "Out Dated" Specs in which Gigabyte hasn't updated it website concerning the specs for this motherboard.

0 Likes

Yes. The ryzen 3200g is 2nd gen. And my bios is version f40

0 Likes

Do you have the latest Gigabyte Chip Set drivers installed also? You didn't mention if you did or not.

If you haven't I strongly suggest you do since that is made specifically for the Rzyen 3xxx processors.

0 Likes

Yes I have.

0 Likes

Here is the latest DESKTOP Ryzen 3 3200g AMD Drivers from AMD download page: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-3-desktop-processors-radeon-vega-g... 

I would install the WQHL Driver (09/23/2019) first before installing the latest AMD Driver.

You never mentioned what Windows version you have installed. The AMD Driver is only for Windows 10.

If the latest doesn't work, try installing a previous driver and see if it helps any: https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-3-desktop-process... 

0 Likes

This isnt helping doing what I've already done. I'm on the windows 10 and just updated it. I've tried the current and previous drivers they dont work. As in the title.

0 Likes

I don't believe I have seen in your comments what you have done so I apologize if I am repeating something that you have done already.

0 Likes

One way to troubleshoot to see if the integrated vega is recognized is removing the Nvidia GPU card and see if it boots up. if it boots up then check in Device Manager under Display Adapter to see what is showing.

If is showing the MS Basic Display Adapter then try installing the AMD APU driver again and see if it recognizes it. 

Make sure you have your monitor cable connected to the motherboard's Video outputs.

I know in BIOS you can make the Integrated Graphics the Main Display for booting up or have it on Auto whereas as soon as you install a Discrete GPU card it will automatically make that the default Main Display for booting up.

0 Likes

I will try this when I have access to the computer on friday.

0 Likes