cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bfs_tao
Journeyman III

unable to get installer file to launch the requested page

I have the 17.1.1 version installed for the Asus RoG Strix Rx 570 4gb card. And the current update is 20.2.2. Every time i try to express install it doesnt let me do it. Ive also tried manually download the update from AMD site itself but got some other issues with the installations that cause me to retract back to 17.1.1. As you know Warzone requires the newest update to run otherwise you get a directx error. No code just an error untill you got the latest gpu driver installed.

The issue i have with the manual installation of 20.2.2 is my cursor keeps on getting that loading/thinking icon and most of my games dont work. Warzone loads goes in and after 2/3 minutes it closes/crashes. It completely close like as if you press Alt+F4. Apex does not work. It verifies the game then starts "repair" in a few sec till 40% then it stops. After 30min of leaving it to finish "repair" while still sitting on 40% it stops completely and starts to redownload. 

So now that i retracted back to 17.1.1 everything seems to be working fine, however i cant update my driver via the Radeon settings. Yesterday i tried and it didnt even gave me an update to install. It kept on giving me the currently installed 17.1.1, unlike it does today which gives me the tiltled error of unable to get installer.

I see some suggest using DDU (Display drivers Uninstaller) which is a program to completely remove any and all traces of amd/nvidia drivers/register keys etc etc. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please download 20.10.1 optional driver from here

Run the installer, prior to installing the drivers, click the drop down arrow and select Factory Reset. 

If you continue to experience the same issue, please start a new discussion and provide this information

View solution in original post

6 Replies

It could be due to a corrupted AMD Driver installation.

Download free program DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). Run it in Safe mode with the internet disconnected. Once it finishes uninstalling the current AMD Driver in Safe mode and boots back to Windows Desktop, still with the Internet disconnected, delete the AMD Installation folder C:\AMD if it was created before.

Now install the full AMD Drive package you downloaded manually from AMD Download page. Not the express package. Run the package and if it installs correctly again delete C:\AMD folder and reconnect the internet. 

This should prevent any conflict when installing the new version from the previous version.

By the way, C:\AMD is always created whenever you run the AMD Driver package. Also if you had an Nvidia GPU card installed before make sure all trances of Nvidia Driver is also removed using DDU. You didn't mention if you were replacing a previous GPU card with the RX570.

bfs_tao
Journeyman III

Had a hd 5770 before. Also a GTX 750 but i did a complete fresh win7 installation after i replaced it with the hd 5770 due to the 750's gpu fans breaking. So no dont have nvidia  installation on unless remnants stay behind even after a fresh installation.

0 Likes
dip03
Journeyman III

I purchased Lenovo thinkpad s145 with Radeon Vega8 graphics. I get regular notification to update but when i try Express Update, it shows this error. Haven't done any manual installation. Please guide. Error screenshot attached.amd.jpg

Please help..

0 Likes

Today i download Radeon auto detect and install, and it solved the problem. 

Just download auto detect from amd official site, and install. It will download the necessary update file and install with no error. So i would say to go to Auto Detect and Install

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please download 20.10.1 optional driver from here

Run the installer, prior to installing the drivers, click the drop down arrow and select Factory Reset. 

If you continue to experience the same issue, please start a new discussion and provide this information

TerribleTC
Adept I

Link doesn't work. Many people are getting this problem and AMD are not providing a fix.

0 Likes