cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jonj
Adept I

Unable to engage Eco Mode in Ryzen Master

I have installed Ryzen Master (in a new build with 3900X + Gigabyte B550 Aorus Master under Windows 10), but when I try to go into eco mode, the following is what happens:

• I run Ryzen Master. The splash screen appears, followed by a screen explaining the risks associated with high voltages, etc.. I confirm that I accept these risks, and the program finishes loading.
  • I select Profile 1, select eco mode, save the profile, and click on "Apply".  The following message appears:
    • "Following configuration requested requires Ryzen Master to Restart Windows, then Ryzen Master will automatically open; wait for it. Eco Mode. Do you wish to apply now?" 
  • I click on "OK", and the system reboots.  Again, the splash screen appears, followed by the screen explaining the risks associated with high voltages, etc.. I again confirm that I accept these risks, and the program finishes loading.
  • Profile 1 is still selected, but when I run Cinebench the CPU power shoots up to 113W (the same value as it was before tried to use Ryzen Master, and way above the 85W TDP expected when running a 3900X in eco mode).
  • If I click on "Apply" again, and the message "Following configuration requested requires Ryzen Master to Restart Windows, then Ryzen Master will automatically open; wait for it. Eco Mode. Do you wish to apply now?" appears again, and if I click on "OK", and the system reboots" appears once more, and I am taken once again around the loop.

Have I missed something obvious?

0 Likes
1 Solution
jonj
Adept I

Thank you for the reply.  I've confirmed that the motherboard supports eco mode, and found a BIOS setting which is not mentioned in the User's Guide.  It is: Settings - AMD Overclocking - Eco Mode).  Eco mode has to be enabled here for it to work in Ryzen Master.  So, problem solved!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

The only reason I see that Eco-Mode is not working is that your motherboard may not support that feature according to Ryzen Master Quick Reference Guide:

I have attached the Quick Reference Guide for you to look at if interested.

Note: I suggest you open a Motherboard Support ticket and see if your motherboard supports Eco Mode or not. If Support will be able to tell you or not.

0 Likes
jonj
Adept I

Thank you for the reply.  I've confirmed that the motherboard supports eco mode, and found a BIOS setting which is not mentioned in the User's Guide.  It is: Settings - AMD Overclocking - Eco Mode).  Eco mode has to be enabled here for it to work in Ryzen Master.  So, problem solved!

Great,  You are right that the Guide doesn't mention anything about a BIOS setting for Eco Mode.  I suggest you open an AMD Service Request (Official AMD Support) and suggest that AMD put in their guide to check BIOS for Eco Mode Setting for Ryzen Master: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

By the way, might as well mark you last reply as "Correct" to let other Users become aware of what you needed to do to fix your Ryzen Master issue.

Good Troubleshooting!

0 Likes

Thank you for the message.  I've raised a service request, as you suggested.  Thanks again for your help.