Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Zexa
Journeyman III

Unable to download AMD Drivers on Radeon Software and Website

AMD Rx 6800XT Red Devil, Ryzen 9 5900x, B550 Type-F 

I am unable to download any AMD driver or software from the website directly or from the Radeon app itself. Every time I try to download any driver update from the Radeon app, it says that it is downloading but it will stall out and cancel. The same thing occurs when I try to download the Drivers from the website directly as it will start the download and then it will stall out and ultimately say Failed - Network error. I have reset my Windows 10 3 times. The first time I did it with keep files and it didn't fix the issue so I initially had thought that something was corrupted and since I didn't know how I should delete everything and the next time I reinstalled Windows 10 I did it with delete everything and it still did not work. I Have tried everything I feel like, Repairing C++ files, Updated Windows, Turned off Antivirus + Firewall, Reinstall AMD software and run AMDCleanup. 

0 Likes
6 Replies
FederaluL
Adept III

have you managed to download it from anywhere else? if not I'll upload it on mega for you

EK watercooled 6900xt - 5900x - Lian Li XL - Samsung neo G8 - Logitech G910 - Hero G502
0 Likes
eze4k
Journeyman III

Hey Zexa, I had this very same problem about 2 days ago. After trying all the same solutions you mentioned yourself, only one worked for me in the end. I had to ultimately log into my wifi router settings and temporarily disable my firewall while I downloaded my drivers. Make sure to turn your firewall back on after you have finished. There is definitely something wrong on AMD's end that is causing their mirrors to be blocked by some default firewall settings. Hope this helps

0 Likes

I have never had an issue downloading the drivers from AMD's support site so I would consider clearing out your browser cookies and make sure its set to refresh on each visit to a page.

0 Likes

I am able to download anything else from any other website ie. Steam, Discord, Brave. It only does not allow me to download anything from the AMD website or download the AMD Radeon Software Driver updates directly. 

0 Likes
Zexa
Journeyman III

0 Likes

Are you able to update Windows via System Updates?

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes