Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bf2354
Journeyman III

Unable to connect to internet after installing new motherboard

Hello everyone,

I'm very frustrated as I have been trying to figure out what to do with no luck.

I just swapped out my old intel montherboard and i5 6400 for an Aorus Gigabyte x470 gaming motherboard and a 3600 cpu. Everything went fine as I was able to connect to the interent and watch youtube briefly then I get a message saying I cant connect to the interent. After running diagnostics I get this message (attached in the pic). I really need some guidance. Thanks!Network adaptor troubleshooting resultsNetwork adaptor troubleshooting results

0 Likes
1 Reply

First check to make sure your Router is connected and sending a internet signal to your PC.

Then see if the Internet RJ-45 cable is plugged in securely. It might have slipped out slightly and not making a good connection to your RJ-45 Input port.

From your manual to determine if you are getting a Internet signal at your RJ-45 port:

Screenshot 2022-11-22 150337.png

Try a different Internet cable or use the same one you have now on another computer and see if it connects to the Internet.

Go to another computer and download your Motherboard's LAN driver and install it from a Flash Drive.

Possibly your motherboard's LAN Port went bad.

Check Device Manager under "Network" and delete the Intel LAN driver and restart your computer and see if you now have Internet again.

Screenshot 2022-11-22 150337.png

Once you restart your PC, Windows should install that driver again.

0 Likes