cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

justaquestion123
Adept II

Unable to click "express installation" or "custom installation" while installing Adrenalin 18.9.3

So, yeah the problem is while installing the drivers. I can click on the buttons (I'll put a screenshot) but they don't do any actions (they turn orange when I hover my mouse above them but they just turn black again when I click them).The problem I have is similar as this question: https://community.amd.com/thread/232313

The GPU I have is a HD 7750 2GB DDR3

The CPU this machine is running is an Intel dual core e2180 (2.00Ghz)

It has just 2gb of DDR2 800Mhz RAM

It is running W7 Professional 32bit. I downloaded the Auto detect drivers (~40mb) and the full driver (~250mb) and none of them worked. The version i have downloaded is Adrenalin 18.9.3 and it was for W7 32bit.

I tried to follow the guide for questions as much as I can because this is my first time posting on AMD's community forums. Any help will be appreciated. Oh also forgot to mention that I've run DDU Uninstaller several times in Safe Mode but it still won't work. I also tried running the installer in Safe Mode but it still didn't work, instead it gave me an error that said that the verifying driver couldn't start or something like that.

0 Likes
40 Replies
justaquestion123
Adept II

Re: Unable to click "express installation" or "custom installation" while installing Adrenalin 18.9.3

Sorry, I want to bump this up as my customer waits.

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Re: Unable to click "express installation" or "custom installation" while installing Adrenalin 18.9.3

Can you temporarily disable your Firewall & Anti-Virus to see if they might be blocking the installation. If the problem continues then enable Firewall & Anti-Virus again to keep your computer protected.

Also run this Microsoft Software troubleshooter which I attached to this comment and see what it shows after running it.

kingfish
MVP

Can we assume this is not a laptop?

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

justaquestion123
Adept II

Thanks for the tip mate, but it only has Microsoft programs like .Net Framework and the sort of programs like the visual c++ versions. Thanks though. Here is an ss. Oh also after selecting Not Listed it says that it can't identify the problem. Thanks for trying to help though .Untitled.png

0 Likes
justaquestion123
Adept II

Hi buddy, thanks for giving me the possible solution (I think that may fix it too). I started with the updates and it has like 85 updates left to install. It didn't let me at first because Windows wasn't activated (the customer wanted to be charged less) but now I bought him a genuine key, so he can enjoy his bottlenecked "new" GPU. Thanks!

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

My fault for presuming you had Windows fully updated. If it works you should mark Kingfish comment as "Correct"

By the way, you should let your customer know that in January 19,2020 Windows 7 won't be supported by Microsoft anymore with Windows Updates. Plus Windows 7 x32 is not supported anymore with AMD latest drivers. Windows 7 will be considered to be End Of Line or Legacy.

So after Jan.2020, there probably won't be anymore new drivers for Windows 7 OS especially x32 drivers. Since most drivers require that you have the latest Windows Updated installed for them to work.

justaquestion123
Adept II

Thanks for the info bud, I will tell him that after January 19, 2020 Windows 7 will basically be dead and that it won't receive any updates. I will recommend him an upgrade too if he wants a system that will run Windows 10 smoothly and get all the updates.

Edit: Oh by the way I just checked it has like 20 more updates to install. That system is old and runs so slow.

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

by the way, Since your customer now has a valid Windows 7 license, If he doesn't purchase a new computer with Windows 10 he can use the Windows 7 key to upgrade to Windows 10 for free. It still works.

I upgraded my wife's Windows 10 home version to Pro version by using my old Windows 7 Ultra Key.

justaquestion123
Adept II

Yeah I know about that "Windows Anytime Upgrade" or something like that I will notify him for that too. Thanks for the heads up though.