Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Juan_1999
Journeyman III

Unable to change resolution - RX 550 2GB

Hi! I hope you are doing well.

In this case, I would like to tell you that I have a 50 inch 4k TV. When I try to connect it to my PC via HDMI cable, for some reason the PC defaults to 640x480 resolution.

When I try to change the resolution from 640x480 to, for example 1920x1080p, the screen goes black and switches back to the 640x480 resolution.

In principle, what I did was to download some drivers, specifically this one: https://www.amd.com/es/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-550

The one that says "Auto detect and install" at the moment of doing this, the system installed a driver of a generic monitor, that allowed me at least to change the resolution to 1920x1080p but it does not appear the resolution of 3840x2160p that is the adequate one according to the TV that I have.

I tried to download another driver from the same page but this time I installed again the driver of the RX 550 video card and with this one the resolution is set to 640x480p and I can't change it.

Does anyone know why this could be happening? For me it would be a driver issue more than anything else.

I leave the specifications of my PC:

AMD Ryzen 3 1200
Video Card: RX 550 2GB
Windows 10 64 BITS
RAM 8 GB

On another note, let me know if you need screenshots or anything else from my end so I can resolve this issue.

Greetings and have a nice day!

0 Likes
0 Replies