cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mclingo
Challenger

unable to achieve anything but 12 bit 4:4:4 ybcr in 1080p mode for last two drivers 20.4.1 & 20.4.2

Unable to achieve anything but 12 bit 4:4:4 ybcr in 1080p mode for last two drivers 20.4.1 & 20.4.2

As above, I cannot set FULL RGB 4:4:4, cant even set anything in 8bit, my card is locked at the above unless I switch to 4k, I dont run my TV in 4k for various reason.

!! ALL !!  previous version do not have this problem, please can  you ask your engineers to have a look at what has changed with the last two drivers re: 1080p pixel support

I'm currently languishing on 20.2.2 as well as your fps clocking timings in movies are broken in later version making it very difficult to achieve 23'976 playback without frame drops in movies.

Please dont waste your time advising me to try anything with my setup, I know 100% this is a driver issue through exhausted testing.

0 Likes
6 Replies
mclingo
Challenger

This actually started with 20.3.1, so I think its the last 2 or 3 drivers.My specs:

Ryzen 5 3600

B450-f gaming board

RX5700

LG OLED EF950v (2015)

win10 1909

0 Likes

You need to ask them yourself. These are USER TO USER forums. No AMD driver team is ever here or if they are they sure don't make themselves known. So make sure to let AMD know about this issue here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

Both of you should. The more that complain the faster issues get fixed. 

0 Likes

thankfully this is not correct and why I post here, there would be little point otherwise. AMDMATT has been able to log issues for investigation from here, however i'm not sure why he logs some and not others.

I always log and issue direct to AMD, hard to know if anything really happens as you never hear anything, often there is a fix at some point down the line but there is no way of knowing if they fixed it by accident by finding something they previously broke or whether you've helped them find a problem.

AMD have dreadfully poor support mechanisms.

0 Likes

Whats not correct? It spells it out in the links in the forum headers. These are USER TO USER forums only.

The 2 mods here can send it on. However it is rare that happens. Reporting it to the AMD driver team, you know they got it. 

They rarely ever reply to me either when you file the support tickets. It is however the only avenue you have to officially contact AMD.

But it's your issue so do whatever makes you happy. 

0 Likes
mclingo
Challenger

0 Likes

If there is an existing thread on this topic you should have used it and not started another. Especially since a Mod was already involved there.