cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

qoglesby97
Journeyman III

Ubuntu 18.04 Drivers Incompatible with Ubuntu 18.10.

I've been dealing with this for a week, and have caved into human interaction for support. Fair warning. This is post is going to be a bit of a mess.

When I using using Ubuntu 18.04 I had the AMDGPU-PRO drivers installed on my computer. Easy peasy. I upgraded to 18.10 a week ago, and everything has been all screwy since. From what I can tell I'm missing a huge package from the AMD GPU drivers. That's the "amdgpu-core" package. The terminal recommends running "sudo apt --fix-broken install". Here is a pastebin of the output: https://pastebin.com/jPH4HqVZ But I can't fix the package because it's incompatible. I've tried to recursively delete the folder specified in the terminal in which everything is contained (/var/opt/amdgpu-pro-local).

I could just wait for the release of 18.10 drivers, but I don't know how long that will take, and the terminal screams at me every time I try to do anything with packages or installing. In fact I can't even run "sudo apt-get update" and "sudo apt-get upgrade" anymore since these unmet dependencies exist.

Is there someway to resolve this? Delete them? Force them to update?

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
0 Replies