Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Two ReLive BIG Problems I Found

I was so excited about this new feature AMD has offered at first launch. This is a feature that I was waiting for about three months. But it didn't perform that good, at least from my expectations.

First problem that I faced is continuous FPS drop when I enabled Instant Replay.

I don't know what's causing this, my CPU usage is around 70-80% when I was enabled Instant Replay and playing CS:GO. I capped my FPS to 120 and  stable around 100-119.

Second, audio is soooo slow. I've recorded several videos with several settings and the result is the same. One example that I still keep is a file with 6 secs video duration, but with 22 secs audio stream. I'm so sure something has to be done with ReLive audio encoder. It's so painful to live stream with this.

I hope AMD devs fixed these issues ASAP. I'm so happy with video quality it has and it doesn't give a noticeable impact on my FPS (if FPS drop fixed).

CPU: Phenom II X4 955 @3.6GHz

GPU: HIS HD 7790

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

Re: Two ReLive BIG Problems I Found

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

Radeon ReLive compatible with desktop discrete AMD Radeon™ GCN and Radeon RX 400 Series enabled products with at least 2GB of VRAM, AMD VCE Support and Windows® 7/8.1/10 64 bit operating systems. Radeon ReLive is currently considered "as-is" beta level support for 32 bit operating systems.

Highlighted
Miniboss
Miniboss

1st:

Instant Replay means it keeps capturing and writing cache files to HDD.

But even so , on my system it runs fine. I have RX460 2G

2nd:

Temporary solution is set sound frequency lower than 9600hz, for example 4800hz or 4100hz, in  windows sound settings.

Relive Audio recording issue

Highlighted
Challenger
Challenger

I encountered the audio bugs of delay and distortion here:

amddvr.exe consumed over 3GB after 1 1/2 hours of streaming and had bad audio delay and distortion

The audio was delayed by several minutes eventually.

edit: I'm trying default 48KHz now.

second edit: The default 48KHz setting fixed the issue! The audio is still delayed by a few seconds, not minutes, but OBS Studio had the same issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Okay I got it. It has fixed itself after I changed audio to 48KHz for both two problems I got. IDK why lowering sound quality can make my FPS Great Again lol

But the bad frames at first live stream still occurring and I should Alt+Tab and restream, but it's not a big deal for now. I can go live easily now
Thanks guys

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I have the same issue with extremely out of sync audio when recording with ReLive. I lowered the sound quality like you guys and it still didn't work.

i5 4460, ASUS Strix RX 480 8GB,Windows 10

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Audio was fixed in newer drivers, if you want to use older ones, then you didn't set the sampling Hz in the right place or at all. It should be both in audio card settings and windows audio playback devices setting.

Still, installing 16.12.2 or 17.1.2 should fix your problem regardless