Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Smash66
Journeyman III

Try to install Sapphire HD 5450 in add to 5700XT

Hello,

I already have in my windows a GCU AMD RX 5700 XT with four Display out. I need a fifth out, so I buy a GCU Sapphire HD 5450. 

But that doesn't work, I can't have the two GCU working on the same time. I tried manies things : 

First, the 5700 is already installed with adrenalin 2020 and is working well. I put the HD 5450 into the PC, boot, and install Radeon software crimson relive 16.2.1. After that, I loose the second, third and fourth out on my 5700, and the HD5450 doesn't work. 

Next, I clean all the pilotes with Display Driver Uninstaller, boot, and install first the software crimson. The HD5450 is working well. Next I tried to install Adrenalin, but I have that problem Erreur 182 : https://www.amd.com/fr/support/kb/faq/gpu-kb182. I remove the HD5450 from the PC to install Adrenalin. The 5700 is working with the four output.

Next I put again the HD5450 into the PC, boot, but it's impossible to make it working well. I can't have the two GCU working on the same time. 

Is there a solution to work with that two different GCU ? 

Thanks for helping ! 

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Try to install Sapphire HD 5450 in add to 5700XT

The HD 5450 hasn't bee supported for years, and cannot be used concurrently with the 5700XT.

You can get an MST hub to add more displays via DisplayPort.
0 Kudos