Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Smash66
Journeyman III

Try to install Sapphire HD 5450 in add to 5700XT

Hello,

I already have in my windows a GCU AMD RX 5700 XT with four Display out. I need a fifth out, so I buy a GCU Sapphire HD 5450. 

But that doesn't work, I can't have the two GCU working on the same time. I tried manies things : 

First, the 5700 is already installed with adrenalin 2020 and is working well. I put the HD 5450 into the PC, boot, and install Radeon software crimson relive 16.2.1. After that, I loose the second, third and fourth out on my 5700, and the HD5450 doesn't work. 

Next, I clean all the pilotes with Display Driver Uninstaller, boot, and install first the software crimson. The HD5450 is working well. Next I tried to install Adrenalin, but I have that problem Erreur 182 : https://www.amd.com/fr/support/kb/faq/gpu-kb182. I remove the HD5450 from the PC to install Adrenalin. The 5700 is working with the four output.

Next I put again the HD5450 into the PC, boot, but it's impossible to make it working well. I can't have the two GCU working on the same time. 

Is there a solution to work with that two different GCU ? 

Thanks for helping ! 

0 Likes
1 Reply

The HD 5450 hasn't bee supported for years, and cannot be used concurrently with the 5700XT.

You can get an MST hub to add more displays via DisplayPort.
0 Likes