cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

joltacks
Adept I

Troubleshooting Radeon RX6600 in LinuxOS

I am willing to try any helpful suggestions anybody here has to make my video card drivers function with Path of Exile and Warframe under a Linux OS.

First things first: if you can help me get Linux Debian desktop to run at 1080p I'd be eternally grateful, and frankly if we can do that I can probly run Warframe and PoE from Steam (with their version of 'Wine') as well...

I installed the offical linux Unbuntu Radeon RX6600 drivers on my Debian 11 build but they dont work. I've also tried the xorg drivers but they dont work either.

None of the drivers Ive tried work in Debian on my particular rig. Im running the Navi chipset on my GPU. I don't really want to game on Windows cause it is INCREDIBLY slow (e.g. my usb thumbstick will copy at 10MB a sec in windows but 100MB in Linux).

Windows is the only OS Im aware of that I can still run PoE and WF, but windows is soooo sloooowww. Not the game mind you. The games are 'ok' in windows.

My goal is to run Warframe and PoE via Steam in Debian 11. I realize Debian is free, however I'd be happy to pay IDK like 50$ for a similar OS that works as well as Debian. But it HAS and I mean HAS to run better than Windows. And it HAS to run the two (possibly 3) games I play regularly. Right now I am in gamer limbo doing pretty much whatever I can find to do off the PC until this is resolved, so frankly the sooner the better ^.^

0 Likes
2 Replies
joltacks
Adept I

Hate to reply to myself but I did some research today on the interwebs and FWICT my GPU runs the NAVI23 CORE (which is extremely new) and AFAIK xorg hasn't made drivers for it yet... Well, I guess they got their work cut out for them.

BTW my current gpu is the SWFT 210 Radeon RX6600.

0 Likes

I dont like replying to myself but heres some more info: lol I took out the AMD card (the RX6600) and tried an older one I had lying around lol and this one doesnt work either in Debian (xorg drivers do not work) There is an error message at the top of the screen when it boots that says it needs firmware but (lol) when I tried to install the firmware update in Debian the package was basically 'gone.' So someone is being an absolute *explict* to me - great (sarcasm). Anyway, I thought the obvious solution was to try Ubuntu (because that is what is officially supported by AMD) and so the first thing I did was try to install the mega (without your consent) spy corporation's software (ORACLE) Virtual Box. My two attempts at mounting a virtual machine on my old rig here in VirtualBox v6.1... failed. Some strange error that I've only seen twice now in my entire life.... sooooooooooooooooooo I fail you all fail, everyone fails here and since no has even replied once to my thread you all fail twice in a row -_- Yea I'm salty - deal with it.............

Oh one more thing, when I try to install Ubuntu on the physical disk (not on a VM) the disk manager fails to load and we all fail again...

So the moral of the story is I'm stuck with the slow ash doosy Windows10. Thanks GGG thanks DE thanks AMD thanks nVidia lawl.... Maybe I'll play again this evening but like not ideally; not remotely.

And you know what? I would like a new computer but can I afford it or really want to build another one when this one could (or should) work just fine... no.

0 Likes