Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

CokIezAddict
Adept I

Troubles since updating driver.

Hey guys, 

A Noob here please needs help, a month into gaming pc I haven't even playing games much and really curious about this latest amd driver update, 

I have been encountering Timespy crashes and driver timeout since. And the timing of when the issue begin, alligned with the timing of me updating both of chipset and gpu drivers.

I did upgraded my RAM within that timeframe but errors happened before that, though the new b-dies ram clocked was too high, I downgrade it and system is now run OCCT Prime95 stable, for hours of testing, Memtest too.

So tonight as the timespy crashes happened again, I noticed similarity to the previous issue and how I fixed it, I get back to the WHQL adrenaline which is 22.5.1.

I ran timespy again, and boom, so far no crash nothing after 4 runs, same gpu setting same cpu setting. Smooth!

Previously I thought it was mixed up between driver being corrupt or my ram but as my FCLK stabilised, zero whea error for DAYS, I went back to 22.8.1 driver. Not long since, the problem just resurfaced.

System is about 6 weeks old, GPU is about 3 weeks old.

B550f Rog Strix Gaming Wifi2

5600x 100mhz boost since new, light curve optimiser, pbo, 9 hours prime95, multiple 1 hour testing different occt test

b-die 3800mhz cl16, memtest, occt large, prime large for hours

PSU 2 days old, RMA noisy fan replaced with EVGA 850GA

I am almost certain issue caused by driver, particularly driver being corrupt, but what caused that?

Please refer to images.. 

Whenever the issue occured, I got this when cleaning up AddrenalineWhenever the issue occured, I got this when cleaning up Addrenaline

0 Likes
2 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

Probably the driver as it is an optional driver for testing..

Use the WHQL recommended driver..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes

I do think it’s the driver it may be incompatible with whatever it is on my system which is nothing uncommon that’s why many people reporting errors here and there.

can’t wait for 4090!

0 Likes