cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lenart
Journeyman III

Thread stuck in device driver (Radeon Pro wx3200)

Hi, 

I have installed Radeon Pro software on my new laptop. After two days of using I have run into a trouble when I tried to use DaVinci Resolve. It did not detect the dedicated AMD GPU thus have some real troubles with rendering. 

I tried to take a look in the Radeon Pro software settings but it has showed me that the GPU driver and Radeon Pro software version do not match. Seeing the software was up to date I have downloaded the new drivers for the GPU via Windows. It has completed the update succesfully. But after I have restarted to laptop and tried to open Resolve it went straight into BSOD with code: THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER

I have followed forum help comments and chcecked that BIOS version is up to date and also Win 10 has all updates installed.

I have tried reinstalling the GPU driver multiple times but with no effect. 

My laptop specs:

HP ZBook 15u G6

32 GB RAM

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-8550U Processor, 8M Cache, up to 4.00 GHz

BIOS: HP R70 Ver. 01.05.03, (27.04.2020)

Motherboard: HP 8549   

0 Likes
3 Replies
flammable
Journeyman III

I have the same laptop with identical problem. I do not know who I could turn to in order to solve this problem. I tried everything. Can someone help us please?

0 Likes

I've the same problem with HP ZBook 14u G6 with Radeon Pro WX3200

Any news?

0 Likes

I finally found our what the problem is. I use HP Zbook 15u G6 and the problem is in switchable graphics. I had to install old Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.11.1 driver which has switchable graphics menu available and after manually setting Photoshop to run on high performance with AMD graphic card no bsod thread stuck in device driver occurred.

dfsdfd.PNG

My concern is that this fix only works with old Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.11.1 driver, all the newer drivers do not have switchable graphic menu anymore. I also tried with Graphics settings of windows 10 but they do not work, bsod still occurs. So, currently my only fix would be to use old Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.11.1 driver and manually set adobe programs to run on high performance AMD graphic card.

Did someone have the same issue? I dont know why HP doesnt offer any support for this. I bought an expensive laptop and this error is a major problem for me.

0 Likes