Newcomer

Thread Stuck in Device Driver (BSOD)

Hello!

I bought a brand new laptop with the following specs:

Laptop Model: Acer Aspire 3 A315-42G

Motherboard: Sleepy_PK V1.07

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx

GPU: AMD Radeon 540X Series

OS Version: Windows 10 Home Single Language x64 - Version 1903 (build 18362.267)

I downloaded Driver Booster to update all drivers for me, since it's a new PC. It created a System Restore Point and rebooted my PC. Then, when I turned it back on later and tried to open Photoshop, I got the BSOD with the "THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER" message. I downloaded "who crashed" and it showed me this:

"amdkmdag.sys Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER"

After that, I tried many things, including uninstalling the drivers using the DDU in safe mode and selecting the driver for my GPU mannually on AMD's website to install it and it didn't work. So, the only thing I could do to get my laptop back on running was to go back to my restore point created by Driver Booster. All that happened in a period of two days with the new computer.

The thing is: I'd like to update my drivers so I can change my GPU whenever I play a game, and it seems like the "AMD Radeon Settings Lite" cannot do it for me. Is there a way I can update my driver or will I have to keep this outdated one?

0 Likes
1 Reply
emsyy
Journeyman III

Hi

What's the fix for this issue?

TIA

0 Likes