cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

eltvik
Adept I

The video card makes noise at low temperatures

Hello! I have owned an RX 470 since its release. Did not overclock, looked after properly. But from one point, which I don't remember very well, the video card stopped maintaining the game temperature at the normal level of 75 degrees Celsius, and instead began to keep the fans at higher speeds under load in games. I would like to figure out what this is connected with and, if possible, fix it, since in the case of my preferences, silence has a higher priority than the temperature of 65 degrees.

0 Likes
5 Replies
rainingtacco
Challenger

1. Clean your GPU by compressed air

2. If that doesn't help, remove the cooler and repaste the big die/silicon chip

And make sure all fans are working properly before any of this. It might be that one of your fans crapped out.

0 Likes

The video card is fully serviced, even the fans are lubricated. The speed of both is 3250 rpm at 100%, +/- 50 rpm, everything is normal. The problem is different.

0 Likes
hmranjithkannan
Journeyman III

But from one point, which I don't remember very well, the video card stopped maintaining the game temperature at the normal level of 75. 

0 Likes

Maybe drivers updated the gpu behaviour. It might boost to higher clocks, or the fan curve was altered. Have you checked if all fans are working?

0 Likes

I am not a layman and checked everything first. I can't say anything about the curve, because previously the target temperature was 75 degrees Celsius in automatic mode. Perhaps this is really the driver, but half a year ago I was running Windows 8.1 and the problem with 2020 was observed there, although the drivers for this OS were last updated in 2017

0 Likes