cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kimkaos
Adept I

Re: The Trust is gone

I never use Beta drivers - they are as-if.

It´s fine that somebody do and they help AMD to improve their product etc.

0 Kudos
snaf2k
Adept II

i think its the problem for all 7970 cards, I got 7970m and on windows 10 it keeps crashing all the time

0 Kudos
kimkaos
Adept I

That could be the reason

0 Kudos
tekkiaussie
Elite

Sorry to inform you, but the Radeon HD 7970 Discrete card and the HD 7970M are not the same chip. The Discrete HD 7970 is a Tahiti chip and the Mobility version is a Pitcairn, that would mean that (if anything) the Mobility version is based off the HD 7850.

As such, you cannot really say that "this is a problem with all the HD 7970 cards".

Discrete and Mobility cards with the same "number format" are almost never based off the same chipset micro-architecture. Mobility versions, of anything, are never going to be as high end as the desktop models.

0 Kudos
crispal77
Adept II

Hey , I installed win10 and the corresponding driver for w10 ( catalyst- 15.7) and the games do not work me . I have to go back to win7, it should not be

I have a msi r9 390

0 Kudos
crispal77
Adept II

Sorry, era con sorry , it was with 15.7.1

0 Kudos
snaf2k
Adept II

You don't have to go back to windows 7. The problem is only with 15.xxx drivers. Just get Omega 14.12 driver and you'll fix it. Make sure driver version in 'Device Manager' is 14.xxx because windows 10 automatically installs 15.xxx driver. Omega 14.12 will fix issue with windows 10

0 Kudos
crispal77
Adept II

still not working

0 Kudos
crispal77
Adept II

still not working with omega 14.12

0 Kudos
snaf2k
Adept II

What driver version does it say in device manager? is it 14.xx? Because windows 10 automatically installs 15.xx drivers and don't let you downgrade. You have to uninstall driver, refresh device manager for hardware changes, then when it shows 'microsoft default display' upgrade it to 14.xx from the folder in C:/AMD/

0 Kudos