cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

purpleneon
Journeyman III

The system has detected a link failure oculus rift s

I got an oculus rift s a couple months ago and it was working just fine until out of nowhere the screen on my oculus went black and I got a notification saying that the system has detected a link failure and cannot set the requested resolution and refresh rate. At that point I didn't have any driver updates so I had no reason for it to happen. I contacted oculus and none of the troubleshooting they've tried has worked, so they want me to contact AMD support since they arent able to come up with any other things to try but this is the only thing I could find. This entire process has been going on for almost two weeks now with no solution. Ive tried posting on here before and no one has offered any type of solution. 

0 Likes
1 Reply
Jarvis_Cain
Journeyman III

This just happened to me out of nowhere today. I've been using this rig with the Rift S since December with no problems. Tried restarting, switching to other USB ports (USB 3.2 Gen 1 and Gen 2 both fail). I'm reinstalling Oculus to see if that has any effect. If not, I'll reinstall Radeon. Did you ever find a solution?

0 Likes