cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

turbinian
Journeyman III

the old graphics driver version does not open, every new driver installation crashes at final stage

Laptop -  ASUS FX550I

CPU - AMD quad Core FX-9830P

GPU - AMD Radeon RX 460 + AMD Radeon R7

RAM - 8GB

HDD - SSD 256GB

OS - Windows 10, 64bit

Greetings!

About a half a year ago when I bought this laptop AMD Radeon Settings app would work fine, at least it opened up once clicked.

And then It stopped doing so. Now all I get is an hourglass for a few seconds and then nothing.  I decided to update drivers using AMD autodetect, but when installation is completed you hit the 'restart now' button and it crashes 'not responding' every single time. I have tried all of the dedicated drivers available manually for both GPU's yet with no success. I went through the 'Common error resolving' instruction post with no results as well. All I can do is get to the starting point by updating my R7 via Windows Device Manager, but it is still impossible to open driver settings, as well as to switch between the GPU's for gaming.  Will appreciate any piece of advice on that problem.

Cheers Kristian

0 Likes
2 Replies

You only install one driver..not two.

Please read this and follow the guide > Laptop graphics update...How to

Here is the correct driver selection:

0 Likes

Thank you for your answer kingfish, but the issue is still there...

Here's what I've done

- completed a clean unninstall of existing drivers

- downloaded and installed  the right driver with all the AV shields switched off

- and have gotten the same crash after hitting 'restart now'AMD INSTALLATION 1.pngAMD INSTALLATION 2.png

and when I try opening it...

AMD INSTALLATION 3.png

here's how it looks like in Device Menager

AMD INSTALLATION 4.png

Any ideas on what can be the problem?

Cheers Kristian

0 Likes