cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Doctоr
Adept III

The new driver lowers the fps - and the old one adds fps...

There is a game Dayz - the only game I play-I have an rx 5700 xt sapphire + ryzen 5 3600 and a driver version 21.2.3 and with this driver in the game I see 40-50 fps - but if you install the old driver - for example 19.12.2 or 20.4.2 then the game goes in 80-110 fps - is this normal? Why is the new driver such a G....?

Everything above 20.4.2 understates the fps - and so it is to this day...

0 Likes
7 Replies
dysaster4521
Adept I

your not alone i experience the same problem

driver 20.3.2 also lags..

0 Likes
bunnyboop
Journeyman III

0 Likes
bunnyboop
Journeyman III

in American Truck Simulator I only get 20 FPS with the newer drivers, but with drive 20.11.2 i get around  about 170fps.  

I get same issue in a couple of other games. 

20.11.2 works ok, newer drivers don't.

Disappointing as there's been some drivers released since 20.11.2 and this issue still isn't fixed or even acknowledged afaik.

0 Likes
Lohvrti
Journeyman III

Have you sorted this issue? I am getting even worse FPS with a brand new setup on Escape from Tarkov and GTAv.

0 Likes
Gerhard8020
Adept I

I have a 5800x and 6900xt, when I got the system in February my timespy score was 17200, with the updates in drivers and bios, my score has increased to 17900 without overclocking. My data shows that overall performance has increased even though there was a slight decrease in my benchmark with the latest Radeon driver. 

0 Likes

Seems like current driver releases are a work in progress - too few users have RDNA2 GPUs of 6000 series due to total overprice, scalping and deficit issues. Also, AMD driver team is made of seemingly colledge kids instead of real programmers. Prob'ly never heard of "if it works - don't touch it" and rewrite driver codes for updates instead of adding new code on top of what is already fine. 

0 Likes