Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

blazek
Miniboss

The lack of Carrizo driver support is disappointing

Hello,

I have a FX-8800p HP envy m6 laptop and the driver support for Carrizo is really disappointing, It's not supported in the latest driver (16.6.1) nor has it been supported in the recent past months

Since Carrizo isn't even a year old, there shouldn't be any reason why driver updates for it are non-existent

In what upcoming Crimson driver would we see support for Carrizo?

Thanks

0 Kudos
39 Replies
kingfish
MVP

Re: The lack of Carrizo driver support is disappointing

ray_m​ or amdmatt​ have said in the past that a new Carrizo driver will be in the upcoming update. Just how long ago they said that, I don't know

0 Kudos
wesleyg1
Adept III

Even I have stated after I asked support directly that it should be re-instated in the next WHQL driver and since AMD tries to release those every 3 months the next one is due at the end of this Month the Last WHQL which is the driver that had the bug in it that removed support for our APU that most of us have bought in the last 2 months was 16.3.2 in March I be leave so the next one should be out this Month in June!

blazek
Miniboss

So driver 16.6.2 has been released and still no support for Carrizo, very disappointing - how am I suppose to game?

0 Kudos
blazek
Miniboss

The month is over, still no support for Carrizo with the latest driver release.

0 Kudos
wesleyg1
Adept III

What was released today was a hot fix not the WHQL driver. FYI if they are still releasing Hot fix drivers then they can't submit a driver for WHQL approval.

Now the WHQL driver get released on AVERAGE I repeat on Average every 3 months, but can be delayed thanks to Hot fix releases. Now my guess is you didn't read all of the release notes on the hot fix ether. Which states that it will update the discrete or Dedicated card just not our APU's. So that means your APU will stay at 16.2.1 but if you have a discrete or secondary card it will be updated to 16.6.2 which includes the new crossfire profiles that will let the that secondary card work with more games!

blazek
Miniboss

Exactly my point, no support for Carrizo it's been months.

Hot fix, non WHQL or WHQL it doesn't really matter to me as long as it contains up to date support for my APU.

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

This may be so with desktop units where you have the bios option to disable the IGP but there are very few laptops. Mobile APU's use the same drivers for both the discrete and dedicated graphics in a dual/switchable environment. You can't have two sets of drivers...they won't work together.

0 Kudos
wesleyg1
Adept III

then their is a bug in the Installer cause it will launch and try to install the drivers on everything except for the unsupported APU. So if you need them to stay the same I would uncheck the box that says display driver so it installs every thing else! But the installer doesn't pop up a warning telling my hardware is unsupported anymore!

0 Kudos
wesleyg1
Adept III

Of course that is fine until Windows update tries to install all the wrong drivers and breaks everything!....smh

0 Kudos