cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

gergetottis
Adept I

The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display.

Well i purchase a new GPU the Sapphire RX 5700 Pulse, and i have one MAJOR PROBLEM, i cant see and interact with BIOS, i only get one error Message that says : The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display. Please change your input timing to 1920*1080, 60hz or any other monitor listed timing as per the monitor specifications." 

My previous GPU was RX 470 4GB, and everything was normal, even now when i put that GPU i can see the BIOS, only with the new one the RX 5700 i can't see the BIOS. I am almost one month with that problem, any solution to this???

I am beggining to think that buying the RX 5700 was a bad idea, because before buying the card i was saw people telling that their having problem with black screens, with crashes, with the drivers. But i was thinking that something maybe got wrong or do something wrong with the instalation of the drivers or something else. I really liked the card, even now, i have ZERO problem everything about gmaing is pretty good, i was having no crash, and i weas playing AC ODYSSEY at ULTRA for hours. But this problem is affecting me, because if i want to do something in BIOS i cant! I cant mess with my CPU, with my RAMS, with anything on them! 

0 Likes
7 Replies

Maybe there is an issue with your card? I would question Sapphire Support about the issue. You can also open an AMD support ticket here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

If you are still in your return period you might just want to swap cards and see if that helps. 

0 Likes
gergetottis
Adept I

Well except that problem that doesn't show BIOS in prewindows and show the message i writte above, when windows is boot up everything is ok and my GPU works perfectly well either watching videos, browsing, or heavely gaming for hours. Thank you for your reply, i send detailed message to the support. 

0 Likes

Have you tried CMOS reset? Have you tried changing the CSM BIOS setting? Have you tried a different monitor or TV?

Well i have tried Clear CMOS, i dont know what CSM BIOS is. I didn't try at different monitor, i tried on TV and BIOS are shown normaly. The problem appears with my monitor {Dell SE2717H}, i searched it on Google and i realize that other owner's with that monitor and that specific GPU has the same problem! 

My monitor with the previous GPU the Asus RX 470 worked perfectly without any problem, but with this GPU has that problem, it's like their "incompatible" in some way!

0 Likes

Have you tried using different HDMI port for monitor or GPU? If you haven't changed CSM setting, it's probably auto or enabled. Go to the BIOS with the TV and try disabling CSM feature in the BIOS boot settings.

0 Likes

I have only one HDMI port on my GPU, the rest are Display Ports, and my monitor has only one HDMI port either, and one VGA. I have searched the CSM setting, but despite i looked everywhere i was not able to see CSM setting. What excactly is that setting?

0 Likes

CSM feature affects BIOS behavior of UEFI GPUs. So you should try changing this setting. There is "Boot menu" in the BIOS. You should find this setting in Boot menu. 

I shared a sample BIOS image. But I had to delete the message. Because this forum site does not want me to share pictures. If there was a problem with the GPU, you would not be able to get a BIOS image with the TV. I don't think there is a problem to worry about.

0 Likes