cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

supersipjr
Journeyman III

The Crew 2 won't run on ADM GPU

after the hotshots update the game does not want to run on my AMD GPU anymore.
i noticed low frames after starting the game after the hotshots update and found out the game runs on my Intel integrated GPU.
i also noticed that the game does not show up in radeon settings when running.
i manually added the game to radeon settings but did not help it still is running on my Intel GPU.
i have reinstalled the game and drivers but did not help.
i even fresh installed windows but still runs on Intel GPU.

my specs are:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz

8GB Elpida 1600MHz

Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
AMD Radeon R5 M255 2gb

it used to run perfectly stable at 60 fps on low.

0 Likes
10 Replies

Return to the driver that worked for you and report the current driver issue to AMD:  https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

0 Likes

I am having the same issue....it worked before smooth as butter at a 50 fps on my pc. Today i tried again, and suddenly the game seems to be using only my intel gpu instead of my rx560. Here's a screenshot :

wtf.PNG

My spec:

G4560 @ 3.5 Ghz

RX560 4GB OC

16GB corsair vengeance 

Antec psu 500 W

1TB toshiba HDD

0 Likes

Return to the driver that worked for you and report the current driver issue to AMD:  https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

0 Likes

Thank you for your concern, but after going through ubisoft forums the issue was with Ubisoft themselves. They made a mess by adding some folder called GPU in the game files which caused the trouble. Deleting that fixed everything. No fault of AMD. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

0 Likes
supersipjr
Journeyman III

well no driver works so that is also a problem

0 Likes

Sorry I naturally assumed it ran before as you said in your original post "it used to run perfectly stable at 60 fps on low."

Looking up that game, the minimum they say the game will run on is an HD 7870. Your mobile GPU is much slower than that.

Minimum configuration – 30 FPS:

Resolution: 1080p
Video Preset: Low

OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
Processor: Intel Core i5-2400s @ 2.5 GHz or AMD FX-6100 @ 3.3 GHz or equivalent*
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or AMD HD 7870 (2GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)
System RAM: 8GB

Recommended configuration – 30 FPS:

Video Preset: High

Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2 GHz or AMD FX 6350 @ 3.9 GHz or equivalent*
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (2GB) or GTX 760 (4GB) or AMD R9 270X (2GB) or better

Recommended configuration – 60 FPS:

Video Preset: High

Processor: Intel Core i5-4690k @ 3.5 GHz or AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.2 GHz or equivalent*
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB) or GTX 970 (4GB) or AMD RX 470 (8GB) or better

This page shows your GPU vs the minimum:

Radeon HD 7870 vs Radeon R5 M255 – Hardware Compare: Graphics Cards, CPU & SSD Comparison 

Hi there supersipjr!

thing is its an issue with ubisoft, they messed up. 

The solution for your problem is to go to the game folder and then :

thecrew2/data/database/

in here you will find a folder called GPU. Delete that and run the game and your good to go as before.

Cool! Hope that helps the OP. Always nice when another user has specific experience with a problem and shares.

thats true, many people just ignore the post after they find a solution when they should share it. Cheers to the ubisoft forum members who helped solve it 

0 Likes

I often advise folks to also always check the Steam Discussion page for their game as often you find your kind of advice there. As the OP had the game running right I logically thought a driver issue too, as there are a lot of driver issues at the moment. So glad you said this and really hope it helps the OP. I know as a user I like to spend time gaming and escaping reality for a while not adding to my stress chasing down problems. 

0 Likes