Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

seriosbrad
Journeyman III

The AMDRyzenMasterDriverV19 service failed to start due to the following error:

Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

This is the only error in the Event Viewer when this problem occurs.

This was happening yesterday during Forza Horizon 5.  I can't make it beyond the intro sequence because my PC hard shuts down.  

Spent several hours troubleshooting. RAM tests, power supply swapping, all temperatures are great.  Literally all other games are playable without issue.

So this morning I reinstalled windows with the latest AMD drivers and it's still happening.  I never even had Ryzen Master installed pre reinstall, and definitely not post reinstall.

I could never play Forza Horizon 4 either because it also shut down my PC in a similar hard shutdown fashion, but I don't remember the errors from that time.

Ryzen 3700x

16GB G.Skill 3600

Radeon 5700xt

MSI X570 Gaming Plus

14 Replies
Yamez
Journeyman III

I'm having exactly the same issue, BSOD's with critical process died error. 

I ran "Get-EventLog -LogName system -EntryType Error -Newest 20 | FL" to read through the last list of events after each BSOD, and the most pertinent is  " The AMDRyzenMasterDriverV19 service failed to start due to the following error: %%2" 

I've had no luck in solving it or figuring out what the issue is right now. 

Asus B540
AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor

Having the same issue here also.
This is what I see in the Event Viewer:
Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

I've tried re-installing windows, swapped RAM, swapped PSU, swapped motherboard. Having no luck solving this one.

Ryzen 9 3900XT

Msi Gaming X Trio 6800XT - 16G

Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600Mhz 16-19-19-39

Mag x570 Tomahawk 

RM850 Gold PSU

I think I may have fixed my issue. I don’t use Ryzen Master, so I went into the registry and removed the Ryzen Master services. I haven’t had any issues since, but I’ll loop back to confirm.

@JBranch  I have seen this fix before. In my case, deleting them just caused them to re-appear after a reboot.   This is still without Ryzen Master installed.  

Did your solution help or not? I have a current problem.

0 Likes
Yamez
Journeyman III

As a work around, because I noticed that this issue only occured when waking my computer from sleep or hybernation--I have turned off sleep and hibernation on my machine. There have been no BSOD's since I've done this, but don't feel that this is a tenable long term solution. 

I suspect that there is a problem AMD's drivers. I hope it is resolved with a future update. 

Completely the same problems. One to one, already dug up the entire Internet in search of a solution, but did not find it. The computer also turns off when playing Forza Horizon 4 and 5, too. And other games, like hunt showdown, and everything works perfectly.

Ryzen 7 3700x
24gb HyperX 3000
radeon 5700xt
Asrock b550 extreme 4

0 Likes

Guys, I'm adding. So yesterday I decided to lower the refresh rate from 165 to 83 in Forza, the game really worked, the pc didn't turn off, so I was able to play for about an hour or more, then when I applied vinyls, the pc suddenly turned off again.

0 Likes

I add: having reduced the update frequency in the game settings to 83, shutdowns occurred less frequently, but still occurred after half an hour, an hour. As a result, I reduced the refresh rate in the settings to 55 and after that I played without shutdowns for several hours. I think this is a good solution, at least for a while until the drivers are repaired. If it helps anyone, write to me.

0 Likes
brewergamer
Adept I

I have the same exact GPU and motherboard that you do, same issue except my CPU is a ryzen 3950x.  Did you happen to be playing on Xbox PC Game pass? I see it happening to me only on xbox's game pass app, any steam game seems 100% fine.  Could be an issue on xbox's side. 

0 Likes

For me, this happened in the forza repack and in the steam license, too, on the pc. By lowering the refresh rate of the monitor, I temporarily resolved the problem.

0 Likes
joey603
Journeyman III

AMD you need to fix this already my 6700xt is killing my PC, BSD or black screen 1-15 mins of playing anygame on high settings.

5600X
32 GIGS G-SKILL 3300 MEG RAM.
6700XT
970 PRO 1T
750 WAT PLAT psu.
CPU water cooled with LIANLI AIO.

Figure this crap out now!

0 Likes
Skipdaflip
Journeyman III

Hey buddy did you ever fix this problem? i am having the same issue now. Pc crashes literally as soon as i load up a game thanks!

So is your problem fixed bro... If yes how did you do it.... I got this problem recently... While playing a game it freezes and restarts. So did everything others said but it became worse instead. Any idea how to fix.?

0 Likes