cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

colesdav
MVP

Re: Temporary GUI Solution to monitor your AMD GPU's for AMDGPU & AMDGPUPRO Drivers on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. When can we expect a GUI for AMD Linux Drivers?

I have opened the following issue report on Github regarding radeon-smi not reporting GPU Utilization.

rocm-smi does not report GPU Utilization · Issue #37 · RadeonOpenCompute/ROC-smi · GitHub

0 Kudos
colesdav
MVP

Re: Temporary GUI Solution to monitor your AMD GPU's for AMDGPU & AMDGPUPRO Drivers on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. When can we expect a GUI for AMD Linux Drivers?

Update.

The developer of Radeon-Profile GUI is working on implementing GPU Utilization reporting based on fixes in the latest Linux Kernel.

See the following post for more details on Github: GPU Utilization not displayed on R9 FuryX/Nano. · Issue #92 · marazmista/radeon-profile · GitHub

Thanks.

0 Kudos
blueheadlizard
Journeyman III

I also need a Linux ( Debian / Ubuntu) GUI for my R9 280 to check and perhaps change frequency and voltage. The main  reason I chose an AMD graphic card is that I heard AMD drivers were open source so it was more supportive of linux users. But if there is not actually the functionality, i.e. a GUI, to support Linux users  my next GPU upgrade will be from the Green the team.

colesdav
MVP

You may also want to try: 
CoreCtrl / CoreCtrl · GitLab

Realy though ... AMD should provide a working GUI with their driver.