cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mickeekung
Challenger

Re: Techical or driver problems with RX 5700 xt (freezing)

aserwe
Adept I

Yeah, no problem.
Here video - PSU PCI - YouTube 
Here how game works after reinstalling the driver - 20200520 175234 - YouTube Its run perfect, can play an hour or more. But its for some time, i think in the morning (in my country) will be freezing again. 20200520_174858.jpg

P.S. Vocaroo | Online voice recorder  - here is a sound (+- have very cheap telephone, so if u can add some loud) comes from PSU or videocard (can't understand but looks like PSU) when i Enter game menus, moving mouse in some places in strategy games, and ofc in freeze moment.  

0 Likes
trek
Elite

That clicking sounds like death. I would RMA PSU or rather replace PSU (buy Corsair HX or better or Evga P2 or better). As I wrote previously it looks like hardware issue.

I learned there are two main problems when one has issues with 5700XT - defective/incapable PSU, corrupted installation of drivers.

0 Likes
christiang
Adept III

If this is a hardware problem, how can clean reinstalling of the driver fix it for a while? 

aserwe
Adept I

I reinstalled the driver again, and turn off replay records and driver overlay, also set Scalling mode to full panel. Play some games - zero freezing. Have microfreezes in Borderlands while shooting with npc and also hear that electric sound  from PSU but this microfreeze does not interfere with gameplay. Rdr, GTA 5, Witcher 3 works well, AC Oddysey work well every time, even when RDR freeze. Idk how long it will but.. looks like work... 
I write to PSU developer about this sounds, but still have no answer. If PSU is dying it should freezeing with any load and everytime or selectively? Can software reisntall to mask the breakdown for a while? [spoiler]
Безымянный.png[/spoiler] 

0 Likes
christiang
Adept III

I have problems with a 5700 pulse (black screen, freezes), with an EVGA Supernova G2 850W 80 Plus Gold (works perfectly). The problems started with this 5700. I have NEVER had any before, neither with a 580 nor with a 1080 founders .... NEVER.
But with various stress tests everything works without problems. Just problems with games.

The problem is with Windows or AMD drivers, perhaps a mixture of both. AMD washes his hands.

0 Likes
rainingtacco
Challenger

>i think in the morning (in my country) will be freezing again. 

What do you mean by that? That you had freezes in the morning, or that the freezes OCCUR at the morning? What's the power delivery to your house? Maybe your power source has really bad noise and the GPU/PC is choking because it can't draw necessary power.

aserwe
Adept I

Oh no no, bad writing. Last time i wrote this, have no lag after reinstalling the driver, but in those morning wake up, open RDR and have it again. 220 v, i think everything is good. Don't know what is sound from PSU and why only in game menus and in freeze moment. But after reinstalling the driver again, turn off overlay, full panel scalling mode, and turn off saving last moment as video, around 3 days have no freezes even if play long time (but still in menus this PSU sounds), I don't think PSU dying, it look like software problem. 
20200523 094621 - YouTube  - 3 days of playing (sry for that trash, but afraid use driver or any capturing software)
Can a hard stress test show PSU problems? Work with any problem. 

213123312.png

0 Likes
trek
Elite

You have sudden issues with 5700 because new powerful cards require modern and new power supply, i.e. 5700XT, 2070 super, 2080 super, etc - this is not from my head, you can look for info easily by yourself.

If your power supply is old you should replace it with new, this is no issue because you can try new power supply and return it if it does not help (e.g. in my country I can return goods within 14 days from date of purchase), then you have maybe compatibility issue which will be solved by bios update if you do not have too old motherboard which is no longer supported.

Only issues what you see are known issues in adrenaline release - there is one "Some users may still experience black screen or system hang issues during extended periods of gameplay.", but in my experience there are zero issues with drivers and what AMD acknowledges is caused by compatibility issues.

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

If you want to check to see if your PSU is sufficient enough for your computer or it is defective ,download OCCT and run the PSU Stress test. Keep a close eye on Temps and PSU Outputs while the test is running if it doesn't shut the computer down immediately after the stress test starts.

NOTE: This test MIGHT damage or ruin a cheaply made PSU or if it is going bad.

0 Likes