cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

grifers
Adept II

System tray menu takes a long time to load on startup

Good morning. For many years now and with several graphics cards and both Windows 10 and Windows 11, when starting windows I notice that the menu icon in the system tray takes about 10-15 seconds to show up, the other things (network and sound) load instantly, but the AMD menu icon does not. I've disabled "fast boot", removed unnecessary services, background programs, etc. It happens to me both when "optimising" windows, and with the operating system freshly installed.

It does it with my current platform (12700k, 16 GB RAM 4000 Mhz CL 16, Asrock 6900 XT Phantom and windows 11), but it also happened the same with my previous platform (8700k + 16 GB RAM 4000 Mhz cl16, Asrock 6900 XT and Windows 10). Back in the day with a Powercolor 6800 XT Red Devil and the 8700k + Windows 10 same problem, it takes a while to load.

As I said, I have tried everything. The latest BIOSes of the boards I have and had, removing Fast Boot, etc... Nothing works. It started to happen to me (I think I remember), from some particular driver version, maybe 3 years ago or so, it happened to me with 8700k + 5700 XT, etc... I don't know why.

My Windows 11 installation disk is a Samsung 970 PRO 1 TB in perfect condition. I also disabled Superfetch/Sysmain, all the Microsoft Visual C++ packages installed, etc........ Everything goes perfect, the speed of my computer, the time to load pages or startup, games and everything perfect, but that happens to me, it takes about 10-15 seconds to load the icon in the system tray menu. I only have 2 programs that start in the system tray, sound, network and the AMD drivers menu. Here is a video of the problem. Best regards and thanks!

P.D - My motherboard is Asus Z690 Tuf Gaming D4, and my Monitor Samsung Odyssey G7 32".

0 Likes
3 Replies
grifers
Adept II

Anyone help me, pls?.

0 Likes

Is it really an issue though, windows drivers/services/maintenance start up priority and then apps (how many apps and their priority).

You could try setting a higher start up priority for it i suppose.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

How do I give priority to the AMD application? If I put any other application that loads on startup (other than the system, be it steam, ccleaner, MSI Afterburner, etc...) it also starts fast, it's just the AMD application.

0 Likes