cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mrfapman052
Journeyman III

system_thread_exception_not_handled atikmdag.sys r7 250x + ryzen 1200 OC @ 3.8Ghz

Hello

I got random crash bluescreen when i play game somtime it not happen but sometime it dose when i watching video too it happen around  2 or 3 months ago i think after Adrenaline update

i reinstall my windows clean install driver and it not work

My Spec

ryzen3 1200 oc 3.8g

ram kingston 8g 3200 bus oc

amd r7 250x

Mainboard gigabyte ab350 gaming3

Driver 18.1.1 Adrenaline

Win10 64BIT

Info Form WhoCrashed

On Mon 1/29/2018 7:37:38 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\012918-68937-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: atikmdag.sys (0xFFFFF805F50B6E40)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF805F50B6E40, 0xFFFFC40AF1436428, 0xFFFFC40AF1435C70)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
file path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0322990.inf_amd64_06c9aec2ef966091\atikmdag.sys
product: ATI Radeon Family
company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
description: ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmdag.sys (ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).
Google query: atikmdag.sys Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M

On Mon 1/29/2018 7:37:38 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: atikmdag.sys (0xFFFFF805F50B6E40)
Bugcheck code: 0x7E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF805F50B6E40, 0xFFFFC40AF1436428, 0xFFFFC40AF1435C70)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0322990.inf_amd64_06c9aec2ef966091\atikmdag.sys
product: ATI Radeon Family
company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
description: ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmdag.sys (ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).
Google query: atikmdag.sys Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Message was edited by: Matt B

We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

6 Replies
blipblipsign
Adept I

wow , i have same VGA , His R7 250x, win 10 . I've been search for better driver  :

its sad, random BSOD ... sometimes in game, sometimes when i watch videos.

17.12.1 and 17.12.2 -- > monitor auto shutdown, all peripheral not responding after (example : keyboard )
18.1.1 -> BSOD same as yours.

already trying using DDU in safe mode. clean install etc. 2x times. not working. random BSOD keep appear .

let me know if you find better driver . or use 17.4

its kinda sad ... 18.1.1 lowest CPU usage .  wish they fix it soon .

0 Likes
joker2u
Adept I

Just so you know, I have been asking for answers to your problem for a cpl months and still no luck. Also good luck getting an answer from AMD. I can't get a hold of anybody except the Community. I have tried everything except a total and complete re-install of the OS which I'm very reluctant in doing. I found the driver via the path that who crashed app. Funny thing is: even with Admin rights you can't delete the damn thing and it wont let you delete through the regedit either.

"I found the driver via the path that who crashed app. Funny thing is: even with Admin rights you can't delete the damn thing and it wont let you delete through the regedit either."

Can you tell me where is that ? the driver path ...

0 Likes

yes.. look at C:\windows\system32\driverstore\file repository\C0321058.inf

look in your minidump as well. Let me know if you find a way to delete it without a sys reinstall..

good luck!

0 Likes
coreygeer319
Journeyman III

Same issue here and I'm too scared to try the new 18.2.1 driver. They did something to Adrenalin drivers because Crimson doesn't give me this error message or any BSODs. I'm using the latest Crimson driver which is 17.11.4, which is the only driver working for me right now and the only response I got was to submit a bug report.

So to me, that says they don't know this is a known issue and it's not getting fixed anytime soon.

0 Likes
jaybee
Journeyman III

I also have this problem using 18.1.1 and when I try to upgrade to 18.2.1 it says its successful but when you reboot the computer will not load windows and the only way to start it is with rescue disc and system restore am using windows 10 17074.1002 an AMD 8350 cpu and hd 7700 card

0 Likes