cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

KinGG99
Adept II

System crashes to a black screen in games

not sure why this happens at all just whenever any game online offline legit anything if i go on a new level my windows just crashes not restart just crashes black screen i have a 50 percent chance that this doesnt happen ive been trying to get lucky but im done how to fix this whenever i also go in a main menu in Apex or like basically any competitive game My pc crashes
16gb 3000mhz
ryzen 5 2400g
A320m gaming mobo
hdd blue hard drive
latest version of the software drivers

2 Solutions
Flyfisherman
Challenger

I'm sorry to hear that.

But I don't think it has anything to do with the GPU-driver at all.
Instead, without any more detailed information of your system, I would suspect bad hardware on Your end.
You are using a hard drive, if this has the slightest problem, it will mean corrupt Windows system files, and you will not be able to recover from this easily.

Do You have a complete backup of the HDD?
Then make a diagnostic test and the best tools for that is from the manufacturers support site of the hard drive.
Or you can use HD Tune and let it run for a complete test.
Make a screenshot and post it, so we can see how it looks like and perhaps others can also chime in.

• Remember - if one has a bad hard drive, every single read or writing to it will further damage it and make it very difficult to recover data from it.

If the diagnostic test shows no problem, then do the following:
1. Click Start menu > type cmd > right-click the Command Prompt application and choose Run as Administrator.

2. When the User Account Control window appears > click Yes to launch the elevated cmd.exe.

3. In the command prompt window type: sfc /scannow and enter.

4. If it finds any problem it will try to repair, however in some circumstances it cannot because some system files are locked.
In that case you will need to boot the computer in Safe mode and from there repeat point 1-3 above.
How to start Windows 10 in Safe Mode (9 ways).

5. If and when sfc /scannow has found and successfully repaired Windows system files, You need to restart the computer and run sfc/scannow again and if it still finds any problem successfully repaired, restart the computer.

6. After that you can also run the following command in an elevated command prompt:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

7. Restart the computer.

Then perhaps do a memory check, preferably with free memtest86+ https://www.memtest.org/
You will need to use a CD or a USB-stick and change the Boot order so the computer will boot from the CD or USB-stick.
It will not in anyway affect the drive or Windows, it is just a pure s/w which has its own extremely very small Linux based O/S and just running in the memory.

Make sure you run memtest 7 passes.
Each pass has a very different algorithm to check the memory's, and after the fifth pass memtest will do a more troughfully test pattern all the way up to the seventh pass.
For 16GB memory it will take the whole night, but just let it run. If there is a problem You can directly interrupt or just switch off the computer.

If it find a problem, then remove one memory stick and run it again. Memtest will be twice as fast on half´f the memory. If no problem, exchange the memory sticks and run it again.
Hopefully you can determine which memory stick is bad - if any at all.

Best regards from Sweden

View solution in original post

0 Likes

that wasn't it, in BIOs i had it not set as DOCP but instead just "Auto" and then i had a custom ram frequency i did reset my bios settings while doing the process of clearing my windows up but that was it that was basically it now my pc runs at a way cooler temperature uses more material and no longer crashes and visual bugs i had in youtube are now fixed

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Flyfisherman
Challenger

I'm sorry to hear that.

But I don't think it has anything to do with the GPU-driver at all.
Instead, without any more detailed information of your system, I would suspect bad hardware on Your end.
You are using a hard drive, if this has the slightest problem, it will mean corrupt Windows system files, and you will not be able to recover from this easily.

Do You have a complete backup of the HDD?
Then make a diagnostic test and the best tools for that is from the manufacturers support site of the hard drive.
Or you can use HD Tune and let it run for a complete test.
Make a screenshot and post it, so we can see how it looks like and perhaps others can also chime in.

• Remember - if one has a bad hard drive, every single read or writing to it will further damage it and make it very difficult to recover data from it.

If the diagnostic test shows no problem, then do the following:
1. Click Start menu > type cmd > right-click the Command Prompt application and choose Run as Administrator.

2. When the User Account Control window appears > click Yes to launch the elevated cmd.exe.

3. In the command prompt window type: sfc /scannow and enter.

4. If it finds any problem it will try to repair, however in some circumstances it cannot because some system files are locked.
In that case you will need to boot the computer in Safe mode and from there repeat point 1-3 above.
How to start Windows 10 in Safe Mode (9 ways).

5. If and when sfc /scannow has found and successfully repaired Windows system files, You need to restart the computer and run sfc/scannow again and if it still finds any problem successfully repaired, restart the computer.

6. After that you can also run the following command in an elevated command prompt:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

7. Restart the computer.

Then perhaps do a memory check, preferably with free memtest86+ https://www.memtest.org/
You will need to use a CD or a USB-stick and change the Boot order so the computer will boot from the CD or USB-stick.
It will not in anyway affect the drive or Windows, it is just a pure s/w which has its own extremely very small Linux based O/S and just running in the memory.

Make sure you run memtest 7 passes.
Each pass has a very different algorithm to check the memory's, and after the fifth pass memtest will do a more troughfully test pattern all the way up to the seventh pass.
For 16GB memory it will take the whole night, but just let it run. If there is a problem You can directly interrupt or just switch off the computer.

If it find a problem, then remove one memory stick and run it again. Memtest will be twice as fast on half´f the memory. If no problem, exchange the memory sticks and run it again.
Hopefully you can determine which memory stick is bad - if any at all.

Best regards from Sweden

0 Likes

i dont actually care about my data i got a backup of everything important anyways and if i want to backup anything important rn i can my windows boots up normally when i restart, thing is. do you think it might be like my hard drive is just struggling or something with temperature and maybe malware?? i mean my hard drive has 0 scratching sound its not overheating but for windows corrupted files is a big maybe because i had alot of power outages while updates before and i might have spywares if i be really honest with you i just wanna make sure that it isnt like a gpu driver issue or like something in my internal parts

0 Likes

TLDR : if i reinstall windows will it work like normal?

0 Likes

It depends, if You have a hardware problem like a bad hard drive or memory issues or any other hardware issue, it will Not.

On the other hand if it is infected with malicious code or virus, it will certainly be a good way to start all over with a re-installation and make sure to have at least Microsoft Windows Defender antivirus s/w installed (which is free).

0 Likes

it is definitely infected or has corrupt files i will try to remove any suspicions before i try the hard solution but i rly doubt that its my hard drive its showing no sign of going bad i would say memory i might try i got a new stick like 4 months ago and i set it to 3200 while my older one was 3000 for a day like i set both at 3200 for a day then i got like a restart when i was playing a game simply just out of nowhere then i set it to 3000 and it worked fine maybe i somehow broke the 3000 mhz one ima try to remove the old stick after i reinstall windows and see if everything works 

0 Likes

ive fixed it ran multiple malware scans and did Sfc scannow and dism restore nice

0 Likes

that wasn't it, in BIOs i had it not set as DOCP but instead just "Auto" and then i had a custom ram frequency i did reset my bios settings while doing the process of clearing my windows up but that was it that was basically it now my pc runs at a way cooler temperature uses more material and no longer crashes and visual bugs i had in youtube are now fixed

0 Likes