Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

emrctn1
Adept II
Adept II

Re: System crashes continue with 17.12.2

I have reported version 17.12.1. They did not fix the problem.

saturast
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

The only way I found in order to fix this problem is to downgrade your cpu clock and you memory of 100 MHz with a nice program called msiburnerd. I've played 1 hour without a crash on gta 5 online... It seems to work so far. 

0 Kudos
emrctn1
Adept II
Adept II

I've tried. it does not work.

0 Kudos
locodicegr
Miniboss
Miniboss

Use old driver version. if you have problem with old the drivers..there is problem in your hardware.

0 Kudos
emrctn1
Adept II
Adept II

No problem with old version.

perkas
Adept II
Adept II

locodicegr, Can you play fine with 17.12.2? What graphic card have you got?

There are many post in the forum about BSOD and app crash with Adrenalin. Revert to  17.11.4 seems to be the only solution.

I don't know if AMD is aware of this issue. Please, all the affected people should report to AMD..

My specs: XFX Radeon 470, Intel 6700K, Gygabyte Z170X Gaming 5.

0 Kudos
locodicegr
Miniboss
Miniboss

I dont have any problems at all. R9 380.

0 Kudos
emrctn1
Adept II
Adept II

we should wait for a new driver. Maybe the problem will be fine.

0 Kudos
nickotina
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I have also been having red screen crashes during games. Thought it was from amd driver, but i have crashed with 3 different versions of drivers: 17.11.1, 17.11.4 and 17.12.1 .I will try putting everything on automatic/dynamic on Global Wattman setting to see if this fixes it, because it may be that my rx 580 was ocing to 1450 without me knowing it. Every time i have reinstalled amd driver i did so with DDU, so that solution apparently does not work for me. Maybe its the PSU, but i use a corsair 650W so i dont think it is a "too much power draw" issue. If global wattman setting dont work either i think i might try undervolting the card a bit, been told that this makes it very stable.

0 Kudos
hardcoregames_
Big Boss
Big Boss

nickotina wrote:

I have also been having red screen crashes during games. Thought it was from amd driver, but i have crashed with 3 different versions of drivers: 17.11.1, 17.11.4 and 17.12.1 .I will try putting everything on automatic/dynamic on Global Wattman setting to see if this fixes it, because it may be that my rx 580 was ocing to 1450 without me knowing it. Every time i have reinstalled amd driver i did so with DDU, so that solution apparently does not work for me. Maybe its the PSU, but i use a corsair 650W so i dont think it is a "too much power draw" issue. If global wattman setting dont work either i think i might try undervolting the card a bit, been told that this makes it very stable.

run your card at stock and wattman should be dynamic or set to max

650W Corsair is good for a single video card rig, it is not likely to choke

0 Kudos