Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

System crashes continue with 17.12.2

System crashes continue with 17.12.2. In the games, the blue screen and the red screen come up. The system is locked.

Phenom II X4 955

Sapphire R7 250X 2G GDDR5 128BİT

8 GB 2X4 DDR3 1333 MHZ RAM

600 W +80 Power

1 TB 7200 RPM

Foxconn A74ML-K 3.0

17.12.2 Driver

Windows 10 Last Version

0 Kudos
61 Replies
Highlighted
Miniboss
Miniboss

Re: System crashes continue with 17.12.2

Use the latest DDU in safe mode, and reinstall the driver.

Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

I've tried. it did not help. Same problem with 17.12.1

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

I have a Phenom II X6

I got rid of the crashes by doing this before the adrenaline drivers. Since March I had your same issue but the Adrenaline drivers fixed it for me. But I did have to uninstall the drivers then run DDU from safe mode to get the new drivers to work!

You can try this to see if it helps though. It saved me for many months after months of crashes.

it is a speed/power phasing issue. The drivers since march by default vary your speed based on load to save power and keep cool the gpu. However on many cards including rx 480 &  rx 580 the issue seems worse. In Wattman change to manual settings and look to the last state. This is the true clock of your card, (mine is 1405) now set all the states to this speed, so it's not variable anymore. Now do the same with the power, look for the highest voltage (mine is 1168) and change all the states to that number. Yes you will burn more energy, but also hopefully be stable.

Also disable overlay in Steam as this seems to help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

GPU Clock 1100 (Stock 1000)    

Mem Mhz 1250 (Stock 1200)

Power limit +20

İ'm not using overlay.

I clicked on the game and instantly came up with a red screen.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Miniboss
Miniboss

This more likely a PSU/Temperature problem...not a driver problem.

Stop yelling..and do a proper troubleshoot to your system please.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

I uninstalled adrenaline and am using it without any problems. What do you think you are? many people are experiencing the same problems. Can not you see ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

I just said it was a problem with the adrenaline version.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes that sucks sorry to hear that. May be a different issue going on in your case? Did you manually putt your max clock in all 7 editable states in Wattman? Just trying to be clear, and only trying to help. Don't want to get shouted at. If you have, then no it probably isn't helping. Hopefully they get these new drivers ironed out soon. It's very frustrating when our toys don't work. Especially when they used too! I don't look at going backwards to older drivers as a FIX either.  Don't take it personally when people offer advice that doesn't help, a lot of time the usual culprits like bad power supplies or other new changes are issues. The people helping you here are mostly users just like you, hoping to help you, just as others have helped them. I know I fought my problem, which sounds just like yours, for 2 months before figuring it out it was from the variable states features they added in the March drivers. Sometimes it's also hard to pin the same issue across many cards to because they don't always roll the change out to every card on a driver release. They may do 1 or 2 and do the rest on the next release. It would sure help if the actual driver team was more involved in this forum. For the rest of us it's just our best educated guess and we hope we do more good than harm.

Good Luck!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hello

I also have this

clean installation of the latest windows 10

windows autoinstall drivers, and I install Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1

crash windows per hour

blue screen message: system thread exception not handled

------------------

If I install previous Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.2 whql then no blue screen

my pc:

fx-6300

asrock 970m pro3

12Gb ddr3 1600

sapphire HD 7770 1gb ghz edition

(all option default in amd control center)

(sorry bad english)

0 Kudos