Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

pro_user
Journeyman III

System crashafter installing Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.9.2 Optional for WX3100

Hello Community,

Did anyone have similar experiences after installing "Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.9.2 Optional"? System suddenly just hangs with rainbow scrambled color-paterns and does not respond? I had at least 4 of these crashes in 24 hours. When my screen started flickering heavily and showed lines (see image) I started with backing up my data until I discovered that the driver update might have caused the issue. After downgrading to "Radeon™ Pro Software for Enterprise 20.Q3.1" the problems seem to have disappeared. Please note that I have 2 screens and the problems in the image where only visible on my Dell UP2716D. I'm a bit worried when my hardware freaks out that much after installing a driver.

Regards

0 Likes
2 Replies
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Thanks for the post. I recommend submitting a bug report using the tool within Radeon Software. 

0 Likes
pro_user
Journeyman III

The system ran stable for a few days until it just happened again...

Checked my eventlog and it seems like this is happening: AMD External Events Utility Service 

"The AMD External Events Utility service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."

I can relate to the slow startup after the crash. The black screen is that rainbow screen that I was talking about (see image), no automatic reboot but there is a mini dump file. Is my WX3100 graphics card broken?

2020-10-11_18-18-33.jpg

0 Likes