Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

accn
Elite

System Crash Task Switch + Other Issues not fixed

Release notes said that it was fixed:

A black screen, system crash or TDR may occur while gaming when performing task switches, enabling performance metrics overlay, or having video content/web browsers open on secondary displays on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products system configurations.

No it wasn't. My system still crashing when I performing task switches with fullscreen game. I also see a big fps drop after enabling performance overlay. Here's an example in the video below. 

A few seconds after I stopped filming I did a few more overlay switches, after that my display lost signal and my pc hung. So basically your "fixed issues" weren't actually fixed.

3 Replies
satanael
Adept III

accn

Try Any Method From These:

1- Clean Old GPU Drivers Using DDU In Safemode [Press & Hold Shift While You Restart And You Will Be Able to Enter Safemode]

2- Update Your MOBO To The Latest Compatible Bios.

3- Clean Install Latest Chipset Drivers.

4- Disable hardware acceleration.

5- Install Driver Only Through Device Manager.

6-Try To Change The Port To HDMI.

0 Likes

Thank you for your participation, but your recommendations are obvious and of course have been tried many times.

0 Likes
accn
Elite

Update: 

• Brightness flickering may be experienced on some VP9 video content playback through applications or web browsers on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics product system configurations. 

This hasn't been fixed either. The brightness changes randomly when watching a YouTube video. This is the third of the "fixed issues" and is not true. Seems like amd messed up the fixed and known issues in the release notes