cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

andrei93
Adept II

System Boot loop Since Installing Adrenalin 18.4.1

Do not use the new 18.4.1 drivers advertised as being "ready" for the Windows 10 version 1803 as it will as it will put your system in an endless boot once you finish installation and reboot. This new version of Win10 breaks many drivers including this one so do not use it especially if you are on an RX Vega 64 LQ (simply use the old 18.2.1 and everything will be fine).

Message was edited by: Matt B

We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

0 Likes
21 Replies

As per AMD Forum rules: INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION .

No ERROR messages were posted each time it rebooted?

What is the PSU you have installed? Wattage and Make & Model?

0 Likes

It doesn't reboot, that's the issue. Perhaps I'm not describing it well enough so I made a video.

It doesn't get passed that, the buffering circle just goes around forever until you enter startup repair and go to safe mode to delete the drivers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgdDAVh0kX4&feature=youtu.be

0 Likes

Report it to AMD

0 Likes

I can't since it doesn't reach the desktop on the 18.4.1 drivers, only on the 18.2.1 which work fine overall.

0 Likes

He's likely having the same bug most others are having.. "Radeon Settings version does not match driver version"..  or worse in his case..

Which the case is you can not report a bug or error, because the software is broke!

0 Likes
doomcreeper
Adept III

Installed 1803 and adrenaline 18.4.1, as well as video card RX Vega 64 liquid. During the update and reboots, there were no problems. The only problem of Destiny 2 in full screen now does not work((.

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

Best trick I am doing is paused my 10 updates 2 weeks ago, Run 18.2.1 drivers no issues runs stable Relive runs alright driver are  most stable of this years atm. The new 10 update is a mess why I hold off for 2-3 months till most the ugly bugs are gone.

0 Likes
binay_dear
Journeyman III

andrei93​ Did u find any fix/workaround for this issue? I'm using R9 280X and having the same infinite bootloop problem.

0 Likes

Strange problem!

I have updated 2 PCs to 1803 the first had already 18.4.1 installed the second was with 18.2.1. Both updated to 1803 absolutely without problems (have rebooted multiple times) and I have subsequently updated the PC with 18.2.1 to 18.4.1 again without problems.

Did notice though that some of the Radeon Settings were put back to default after the 1803 update.

0 Likes
binay_dear
Journeyman III

joecrow​ I don't know y m facing it. I updated from 18.3.4, win 1709 to 1803 and then updated driver to 18.4.1 but it still repeats.

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

clean install 10 with 18.4.1 drivers all i done with 1 that's been throttled & crippled by nvidia drivers. Havnt had an issue with 1803 with 18.4.1 on a R9 270

0 Likes

plumboby Shud i perform  a clean install with 18.4.1 drivers on 280x? Will it fix this issue? Did u try using DDU(display driver uninstaller)?

0 Likes
krysen
Journeyman III

On my side it started with the 18.5.1 drivers, bootloop and i cant hear my pci soundcard beeing activated trough the time. also my mouse and keyboard are shut off because of the drivers.

0 Likes
unlucky45
Journeyman III

I am suffering exactly same problem as open post with Vega 56. Driver 18.2.1 work, but nothing after that. And I have tried all drivers except 18.8.2.

I have installed new windows, changed power,  changed ssd etc. Nothig works.

0 Likes

Same here Circular Loop. Cannot start the computer.

I had so many issues getting these drivers to work on VEGA 64, Asus B350M, Ryzen 1600.

Have not updated since the Summer. Before I could just roll back, but now it stuck in a circular loop.

0 Likes

I had to do a clean install of windows.

0 Likes

Did anybody find a solution to this????????

I have a Vega 64 and Ryzen 1600. Stuck on Radeon/Vega 17.7 driver.

0 Likes

Download the driver you want.

Disable fast startup on Windows 10 only.

Run DDU from safe mode.  Get it from WagnardSoft_com.

Disconnect from the internet. ( this is the key as it is Windows update screwing up the driver and causing the loop)

Restart, and install the driver.

Restart with internet back on and you should be good to go.

notflawless
Adept I

Hi @ all,

sorry at first, my english is not the best.

My PC:

Ryzen 2700x

Asus Prime X470 Pro

16 GB GSkill RipJaws

Vega 56

XFX XTR 750 Watt PSU

I think, i have the same issue. Last Week i install the 18.11.2 Driver on my PC.

After that, my system has sporadic restarts without Bluescreen. In the Window issue log i see the Errormessage "Kernel 41 ID (63)". Yesterday i clean the Driver with DDU and install an older version (18.9.2 -> From September). Until now, ich have no sporadic restarts.

My Question:

Do you have also the Kernel Power 41 Errormessage?

Thanks an regards from Germany

Christoph

0 Likes
shadow07
Adept III

Thx AMD for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes