cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bf2354
Journeyman III

Switched to AMD and now can't access the interent

I just switched from my i5 6400 to a 3600 and everything went fine until I got a notification saying I can't access the internet. I've tried resetting my router, resetting the network, the bios is from 2020. Not sure what else to do. could the mobo be the issue? I dont think so since I was able to use the interent briefly when I first powered it up.

Network adaptor troubleshooting resultsNetwork adaptor troubleshooting results

0 Likes
3 Solutions
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Hi,
That is the onboard network at fault. In this particular case.. Intel's fault

Normally you wouldn't need chipset drivers at the very start, as windows should have native drivers for the network adapter but just go to the motherboard vendor page and download the chipset drivers from them.

Another good troubleshooting is to delete the network driver from device manager, scan for hardware changes and let windows install the driver again.

Lastly, You can go to Intel website and download the driver manually.

Good Luck

The Englishman

View solution in original post

What is the Make & Model of your Mobo?

Could a defective Mobo or your Router Cable to your Mobo is loose or defective.

Go to Device Manager under "Network Adapters" and see if there any errors and what error codes is showing.

Also Post any errors in Device Manager

0 Likes
novalestic
Adept II

It's not the cpu issue, try to install the latest motherboard driver

0 Likes
5 Replies
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

Did you install the network drivers for your motherboard or Wifi card?

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
0 Likes
DimkaTsv
Miniboss

I see windows troubleshooter explicitly saying that you have issues with Intel gigabit network card driver.

I would first attempt to download this driver from mobo site, and installing it. You can download it on phone then push on PC to install.

johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Hi,
That is the onboard network at fault. In this particular case.. Intel's fault

Normally you wouldn't need chipset drivers at the very start, as windows should have native drivers for the network adapter but just go to the motherboard vendor page and download the chipset drivers from them.

Another good troubleshooting is to delete the network driver from device manager, scan for hardware changes and let windows install the driver again.

Lastly, You can go to Intel website and download the driver manually.

Good Luck

The Englishman

What is the Make & Model of your Mobo?

Could a defective Mobo or your Router Cable to your Mobo is loose or defective.

Go to Device Manager under "Network Adapters" and see if there any errors and what error codes is showing.

Also Post any errors in Device Manager

0 Likes
novalestic
Adept II

It's not the cpu issue, try to install the latest motherboard driver

0 Likes