cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ineros
Journeyman III

Switchable Graphics Problems For Radeon HD 8610G + R7 M260

Hello AMD Community , i have seen many post about this, but most of them or nearly all of them don't have the information needed to get an answer, so here i am trying to see if i cant get one.

My Laptop Specifications:

APU:

AMD A10-5745M .

GPU:

AMD Radeon HD 8610G (Primary) .

AMD Radeon R7 M260 (Linked).

Laptop Model

HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC , Product Number: F4J02LA#ABM.

Operating System:

Windows 10 (Default Operating System On Purchase Was Windows 8).

Driver Version Installed:

Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Beta For Non GCN Products.

Bios Version/Date:

American Megatrends Inc. F.46, 4/18/2018.

RAM:

12GB.

The Thing is this, technically i have the drivers that supposed to have installed and they are working, but the system NEVER uses de Linked Radeon R7 M260 Card , even if you use the High Performance profile.

pastedImage_15.png

Now How Do I Know This? , Launching the game and seeing in The AMD System Monitor , That indeed my R7 M260 is doing Nothing:

pastedImage_17.png

Now i know that my system recognize the cards :

pastedImage_18.png

pastedImage_19.png

But something is going wrong with the driver and its decision of witch card to use, now.. what concerns me the most .. its that windows , does not show me the option to run programs with this card:

pastedImage_20.png

My Hopes on getting a solution for this are quite low , since i know this is a very old device, but anyways i wanted to see if i can get answered of which could be the problem here. 

ty to all the people who take the time to read the post , and i'll be here for all your suggestions

0 Likes
3 Replies
colu1993
Journeyman III

salut ! am aceasi problema hp pavilion 15 p289sa!

0 Likes

You are using the wrong driver. APUs use one driver update that updates both the integrated and discrete graphics. 

This is the last/latest driver for your laptop.... It is the only driver you install.> https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a10-series-apu-for-laptops/a10-5757m-ra...

Clean install the drivers by using DDU in safe mode. Reboot. Install AMD drivers. Reboot.

Captură ecran (1).pngCaptură ecran (2).pngr7 m260 nu functioneaza , bios f46 

0 Likes